Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TE problem

Juicy details from Silverstein
    Quarless remains subject to NFL suspension due to an off-field incident in which he allegedly fired off a gun in public. According to a source, it would be possible for Quarless to serve the suspension during the time he is on injured reserve if one comes down during that period.

It would essentially mean he would not receive pay for however many games he was suspended but wouldn't have to sit out any games. Quarless may already know whether he has been suspended and be in the appeal phase.

The NFL does not announce suspensions until an appeal is exhausted.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/330164781.html

So the sooner that suspension comes down the better.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Successfully tackled by an opponent, yes. The other times he stopped were cases of extreme sportsmanship.
    No. He either scored or ran out of bounds (which was also rare). Just look at all the tape out there. The man was never tackled.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Chris Schenkel, famous to me for being the ABC play by play guy for the Pro Bowlers tour.
    Where is Earl Anthony?

Schenkel also did the Olympics "Dashing, Beautiful, Comely, Chartreuse Peggy Fleming"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This Annen character was a favorite of mine in last year's draft. Decent size and a good athlete. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the active roster some day.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Where is Earl Anthony?

Schenkel also did the Olympics "Dashing, Beautiful, Comely, Chartreuse Peggy Fleming"
    That's right. Then Jim Lampley eventually got involved and fisticuffs broke out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This Annen character was a favorite of mine in last year's draft. Decent size and a good athlete. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the active roster some day.
    Same here. Guy has made a living off a 4.41 40 at his Pro Day. Didn't play much in college and always been with teams loaded with TE's. Green Bay could be good opportunity. See him working the seam at the 1:26 mark in the Northwestern game and making a tough red zone catch at the 2:34 mark in Purdue game.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...rookie-profile

http://www.downthedrive.com/2014/5/7...r-the-bearcats
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Negative. That would be Chuck Mercein. Came out of nowhere to be a key player in the Ice Bowl.
    I agree. I was thinking of starting a thread on the number one Packer Fuckdoogle for all time, and Mercein may be the guy (can't really include guys before the 60's because most of those guys were fuckdoogles - playing football in the fall and working on the docks, in the tanneries, or hoofing it on the insurance trail in the off-seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Annen will be playing Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree. I was thinking of starting a thread on the number one Packer Fuckdoogle for all time, and Mercein may be the guy (can't really include guys before the 60's because most of those guys were fuckdoogles - playing football in the fall and working on the docks, in the tanneries, or hoofing it on the insurance trail in the off-seasons).
    Thanks for seconding my motion, Rand. (By the way, I don't want to be a stickler for form, but your spelling of Fuckdoogle doesn't comport with the original: fuckdoggle. Just wondering if this is by design, given your one-time status as Supreme Fuckdoggle Leader, or whether it's an oversight. I must admit, fuckdoogle does have a better ring to it.)
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Thanks for seconding my motion, Rand. (By the way, I don't want to be a stickler for form, but your spelling of Fuckdoogle doesn't comport with the original: fuckdoggle. Just wondering if this is by design, given your one-time status as Supreme Fuckdoggle Leader, or whether it's an oversight. I must admit, fuckdoogle does have a better ring to it.)
    As a deposed leader, I am fomenting insurrection. The first order of business is to confuse the people about the spelling and then the meaning of words. He who controls the language, controls the masses.

I was under the impression that once "fuckdoggle" became a thing, an award, the term then became a proper noun and therefore merited capitalization.

And Rand, as odious as he was/is, may be a preferable alternative to the despot now in charge.

Be careful for what you wish for, every solution breeds new problems and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I was under the impression that once "fuckdoggle" became a thing, an award, the term then became a proper noun and therefore merited capitalization.

And Rand, as odious as he was/is, may be a preferable alternative to the despot now in charge.

Be careful for what you wish for, every solution breeds new problems and all that.
    Rand was much more preferable. Too bad that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post

At the risk of appearing the foolish victim of sarcasm, I would point out that it is not capitalization, but the omission of a "g" and the addition of an "o" that seemed an egregious violation at the time.

Now, of course, I'm cool with Rand's hijinks and fomentation at the mouth. Yours as well, if that be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Crap, now we are going to be anticipating the return of Andrew Quarless. I wonder if they can get their DR designation back if Q gets suspended while he's on it. Kind of like recovering a signing bonus or something.

I saw something in a JSO blog, I think, that suggested it might be possible for Quarless to serve whatever suspension he gets while he's on IR.

Maybe Ted's got this all parsed out.

I hope so, cuz wouldn't it suck if Q. came back after his designated IR time was up, been practicing for the two weeks allowed prior, only to get suspended for three games or something upon his return?

Doh!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

At the risk of appearing the foolish victim of sarcasm, I would point out that it is not capitalization, but the omission of a "g" and the addition of an "o" that seemed an egregious violation at the time.

Now, of course, I'm cool with Rand's hijinks and fermentation at the mouth. Yours as well, if that be the case.
    FTFY.

I want to believe that Quarless serving a suspension on IR-DTR is going to drive other fans nuts. But it has to have happened before.

Too bad; winning and getting away with something (even just the whiff of it) is intoxicating. Just ask the Patriots.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I want to believe that Quarless serving a suspension on IR-DTR is going to drive other fans nuts. But it has to have happened before.

Too bad; winning and getting away with something (even just the whiff of it) is intoxicating. Just ask the Patriots.
    The big punishment for Q is he loses pay and lots of it. It's true that the Packer fans and team catch a break, but those are innocent parties.

It looks like for this weekend the Pack will activate Backman. Maybe use Josh Walker sometimes.

I'm guessing they bring-up Perillo or add a player next week who can be a full-featured TE in case DickRod stubs a toe.

Who knows, maybe Backman will get some passes and become the new darling for an award of some sort. Or perhaps Perillo/Other will be as good as Q. We'll have 8 games to see. Let the scary post-Quarless era begin!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Do we even need a TE? Run and Shoot!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.