Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: TE problem

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/337727791.html

Quarless was supposed to go to trial this week. The trial got delayed until Nov 30. This means he'll likely have to serve any suspension during late season. This is a crummy development.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/337727791.html

Quarless was supposed to go to trial this week. The trial got delayed until Nov 30. This means he'll likely have to serve any suspension during late season. This is a crummy development.
    The NFL tends to take their time with these things. If the trial doesn't start until Nov. 30, there's probably a good chance any suspension would be put off until next season.

Will there even be a suspension for this? For a misdemeanor of discharging a firearm in public? If there is, I imagine it will be short, perhaps a game. Apparently he didn't threaten anyone.

I wonder why the trail was postponed. Seems like it would be a good time to get it out of the way, while he isn't practicing anyway.

Quarless gets to play one game before his court date. I think it's impossible to predict what the suspension will be, odd situation. I sure wish it would have gotten settled sooner than later, and I doubt the delay was Quarless's choice.

I think the offense misses a credible #2 TE.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

I think the offense misses a credible #2 TE.
    Not as much as it misses a credible #1 TE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Good point.

One might say the offense has too much #2 at TE

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    One might say the offense has too much #2 at TE
    ha ha, good one!

That Perrillo guy actually makes me believe it is possible to carry 30-40 pounds of undigested meat in your gut.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

This doesn't bode well for Quarless:

"Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was deemed to have violated the NFL's personal-conduct policy for a recent arrest in Wichita, Kansas. He received the report (Wednesday), which was part of the reason he exited the Cowboys facility. The charges were dropped, but the league kept investigating. He faces a one- or two-game suspension (not a six-game suspension because it's not domestic violence related), or he could be potentially fined. The main offense is firearm related. The NFL and NFL Players Association are in discussions now about a potential settlement to Randle's issue."

Perhaps despite recent assurances that this will be the last delay, lawyers can find another way to delay. Its part of their DNA.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Is there a good TE in college?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Is there a good TE in college?
    I don't know, let's check the basketball rosters. That's where the good ones come from, isn't it?

Denver traded sixth-round picks in 2016 and 2017 for Vernon Davis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...denver-broncos

I think most people would say it is too much to pay for an old guy who has not shown much this year. I'd be OK if TT had taken this chance. James Jones needs a guy his age to keep him company.

I'm not sure that DickRod is better than Quarless.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 11-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.

I think most people would say it is too much to pay for an old guy who has not shown much this year. I'd be OK if TT had taken this chance. James Jones needs a guy his age to keep him company.
    James Jones ran like a TE on Sunday.

Age old question, does Davis have anything left, or not? I haven't watched him at all the last couple years, but his #s haven't been anything since 2013. He missed two games this year because of a bad knee, and he didn't start an early season game even though healthy. Elway apparently thinks he still has something left. If he does, he would have been a nice pickup for GB.

I'm not sure that DickRod is better than Quarless.
    Q is a better blocker that RichRod is.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Age old question, does Davis have anything left, or not? I haven't watched him at all the last couple years, but his #s haven't been anything since 2013. He missed two games this year because of a bad knee, and he didn't start an early season game even though healthy. Elway apparently thinks he still has something left. If he does, he would have been a nice pickup for GB.
    I found it rather curious SF let him go for so little.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Q is a better blocker that RichRod is.
    He runs better too.
    Dick has better hands.

When did this version of the O Line become so terrible at run blocking? Remember with Bach and Barclay they clobbered people with Lacy and Starks?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.