Thread: Soft 'N Small Ball Working

Soft 'N Small Ball Working

Smaller, more athletic and versatile lineman are paying dividends.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...rush/74802870/

First of all, Ian Rappaport, who works for NFLN, obviously has a mole. Is the mole an agent like all the other info guys or is he a higher up like Murphy as the NFL brass tries to maximize value of their TV property?

Back to the buzzword:
    Defensive coordinator Dom Capers will be the first to tell you they haven't totally abandoned their old two-gap scheme. It’s just that opposing offenses have forced them to change. Today, linemen have to be able to pressure the quarterback as well as defend against the run, particularly in a 3-4 scheme like the Packers.
    “We wanted to give them the ability to make plays and get off blocks,” defensive line coach Mike Trgovac said. “When we do it right, we’re a disciplined, gap-sound, fundamental football team. We’re not a fly-off-the-ball, do-what-we-want football team. There’s some method to our madness, but we have guys who have just a little bit more quickness that when they get off the blocks.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dare I say it?

UNSOUND!

Soft! Weak! We need to be more physical like the 49ers and Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Dare I say it?

UNSOUND!
    You can't say it softly. Must be loud and proud.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.