Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Barney Fuckdoggle Award Thread

Also Elliott is still surprisingly good in my (international) opinion.

So far, we have Elliott or nobody. Elliott is approaching ineligible status (baring extenuating circumstances), so this might be one of his last chances. I would lean toward giving him a last chance at glory, but it is a close call IMO.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I don't see a FD award this week.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Elliot has to outdo his previous fuckdoggle win in order to win again. He didn't, so he doesn't win and the award remains vacated for week 4.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Elliot has to outdo his previous fuckdoggle win in order to win again. He didn't, so he doesn't win and the award remains vacated for week 4.
    I think this makes a great deal of sense. Simply playing at his previous level is no longer that much of a surprise. He is a victim of his own success, but the Fuckdoggle is a harsh mistress.

I think Elliott should be eligible all season and ineligible next season.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I think Elliott should be eligible all season and ineligible next season.
    It is not so much that he is ineligible, as does his play fit the spirit of the award?

Chiefs at Packers: The Packers have a knack for having unheralded players step up and play well when it matters most and it is fucking INFURIATING. I would like the loss of a star player to crush them. But NO… no, they always have some asshole behind him ready to go because they’re committed to internal player development because they’re so goddamn PERFECT. Bah! I want scrubs to be SCRUBS. I want to be able to laugh at a rival team for having to put Barney Fuckdoggle in at corner or whatever. It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!” That never happens with my team. With my team, the shitty players are shitty.
    I think the counter argument is that he has established a certain level of play by now and may not be a "hidden-gem" that would elicit Collinsworth to make the surprised statement from the quote above. Either way is fine for the award since we have no past history, but we need to make a decision one way or the other.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Would Kuhn count? One of the only players to play for a different team, not good, on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Would Kuhn count? One of the only players to play for a different team, not good, on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.
    Maybe years ago when he first got significant playtime. He made a probowl -- there is no chance in hell for ever winning this award once that happens.

Week 1: Nate Palmer
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    Week 3: Joe Thomas
    Week 4: Open*

*Honorable mention to Elliott for maintaining his level of play from prior weeks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Kuhn ... on the roster because he is ARs friend and dating Olivia Munn's ugly friend.
    awesome
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post

*Honorable mention to Elliott for maintaining his level of play from prior weeks.
    Sorry, but there can be no honorable mention for the fuckdoggle. You either fuckdoggled it or you didn't. Nothing in between.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry, but there can be no honorable mention for the fuckdoggle. You either fuckdoggled it or you didn't. Nothing in between.
    Hard, but fair. So be it.

*Honorable mention to Elliott rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That's right, no half-assing the FuckDoggle

I want this to be true. Especially the second part.

However Olivia's "ugly" friends probably do all right in more normal circumstances.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rollins for Week 5 nomination after getting few snaps the first four weeks then recording two INTs and one TD in his brief? playing time against the Rams.

But a more realistic candidate is Josh Walker who stepped in for Lang and was promptly not noticed and not a weak link.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Rollins for Week 5 nomination after getting few snaps the first four weeks then recording two INTs and one TD in his brief? playing time against the Rams.

But a more realistic candidate is Josh Walker who stepped in for Lang and was promptly not noticed and not a weak link.
    As a 2nd round pick, I don't think Rollins is eligible. I'm good with Walker. Or Nate Palmer with 3 tackles and 2 assists. Or Elliott with 3 tackles. Or Thomas with a tip of a pass that turned into an INT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    As a 2nd round pick, I don't think Rollins is eligible. I'm good with Walker. Or Nate Palmer with 3 tackles and 2 assists. Or Elliott with 3 tackles. Or Thomas with a tip of a pass that turned into an INT.
    This was a good game for the Fuckdoggles. I'd have to give it to Walker for the fact that I didn't even notice he was in for a guy who has been considered a pretty darn good guard. That perfectly fits the spirit of the Fuckdoggle.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Walker was an undrafted FA that bounced around a bit. He fits the bill perfectly.

Rollins did awesome, but he's a second rounder and not some random Fuckdoggle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Walker
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck