Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Barney Fuckdoggle Award Thread

The Official Barney Fuckdoggle Award Thread

Week 1: Nate Palmer
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    Week 3: Joe Thomas

That is all.

Waitaminit.

I think week three was still in question. Who christened YOU the supreme executive authority on the BFA?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Waitaminit.

I think week three was still in question. Who christened YOU the supreme executive authority on the BFA?
    Rand?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Week 1: Nate Palmer
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    Week 3: Joe Thomas

That is all.

Part of me hopes there will never be another Barney Fuckdoogle Award, because if there is, it means a starter's gotten hurt (most likely).

But if there is to be another this week, who are the prime candidates?

I'm going to go with Chris Banjo.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Waitaminit.

First, I will hear appeals for changes to week 3. Second, please refrain from questioning the validity of a thread that contains the word "official."

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Part of me hopes there will never be another Barney Fuckdoogle Award, because if there is, it means a starter's gotten hurt (most likely).

How about Alonzo Harris or maybe even Abbracadabra?

Well, I'd like it to be Harris or Abby-normal, but only if it's because as a safety precaution they're holding Lacey or Adams out.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

First, I will hear appeals for changes to week 3. Second, please refrain from questioning the validity of a thread that contains the word "official."
    How are we supposed to appeal if we cannot question the content, therein? Can you explain the process by which such appeals may be filed?

If the award is given to the player who comes out of nowhere to give a great performance, how is it possible to nominate future prime candidates for the award. Wouldn't that imply we can know where nowhere is?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    If the award is given to the player who comes out of nowhere to give a great performance, how is it possible to nominate future prime candidates for the award. Wouldn't that imply we can know where nowhere is?
    I believe the criteria is out of nowhere relative to their draft/fa status and as viewed by other fans. GB fans (or at least here at packerrats) tend to know all the players down to the practice squad and even most of those that were cut.

Exactly. You got to be firm with the riff-raff around here, they'd complain about the rope they were being hung on.

Fuckin thing is making my neck itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Well, the award is incumbent upon someone to get injured or unable to play or plays exceptional in their tiny rotational snaps.

Palmer stepped in for Barrington.
    Elliot had five snaps and caused two turnovers.
    Thomas replaced Matthews at dime ILB when Matthews rushed from the OLB position when the Packers were ahead.

So unless we're predicting another injury (e.g. if Cobb aggrevates his shoulder and Monty puts together a 100 yd day, Crosby stubs his toe and Starks wins a game with a 45 yd kick) which are not truly predictable and never desirable, the next fuckdoogle winner is likely to come from those players with only a few snaps in the rotation: Janis, Gaston, Gunter, etc.

I hereby make a motion that Mulumba is also no longer eligible should he start performing due to the number of opportunities he has already had.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

How are we supposed to appeal if we cannot question the content, therein? Can you explain the process by which such appeals may be filed?
    The award winners can be discussed without questioning the validity of powers granted by having the word "official" in the thread title. I like Goodell's style. Therefore, I will tell you what the process is only after you fail to meet the requirements of the process.

I believe the criteria is out of nowhere relative to their draft/fa status and as viewed by other fans. GB fans (or at least here at packerrats) tend to know all the players down to the practice squad and even most of those that were cut.
    Then let me be the first to nominate TE Blake Annen as a future prime candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Then let me be the first to nominate TE Blake Annen as a future prime candidate.
    Seems like it, but he'd be the fuckdooglest of fuckdoogles if he makes it since he's fresh to the practice squad and hasn't yet made it to the 53.

In fact, I put forth Josh Walker as a potential, if there's another line injury.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

The award winners can be discussed without questioning the validity of powers granted by having the word "official" in the thread title. I like Goodell's style. Therefore, I will tell you what the process is only after you fail to meet the requirements of the process.
    Ah. This almost makes sense.

I do believe that we are over complicating the matter, however. In the source material whence the Barney Fuckdoggle name was born in a heavenly light, the great sage, Chris Collingsworthless was quoted as really liking this Fuckdoggle guy. I do believe, Mr. Cullingsbutterwirth is the ultimate arbiter on whether one is worthy of the BFA.

Ah. This almost makes sense.

I do believe that we are over complicating the matter, however. In the source material whence the Barney Fuckdoggle name was born in a heavenly light, the great sage, Chris Collingsworthless was quoted as really liking this Fuckdoggle guy. I do believe, Mr. Cullingsbutterwirth is the ultimate arbiter on whether one is worthy of the BFA.
    Agreed. I will maintain order in the absence of direction from the great sage.

Let it be written.

Wow. That escalated quickly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.