Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Puncher’s chance next week?

Puncher’s chance next week?

It was only a few weeks ago our Packers got embarrassed in SF, 37-8. It was an absolute dismantling.
    Me being a realist ffs, I wanted to ask you Rats if we have at least a “Puncher’s chance?”
    C’mon, playing on house money can we keep it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    It was only a few weeks ago our Packers got embarrassed in SF, 37-8. It was an absolute dismantling.
    Me being a realist ffs, I wanted to ask you Rats if we have at least a “Puncher’s chance?”
    C’mon, playing on house money can we keep it going?
    They play the games for a Reason....GO PACK GO

2 things give Packers a shot. In the other game, Bulaga left early and I believe I recall Bakhtiari had a bad game. That made the offense dysfunctional. Both these guys have been great the last month. The other is that the Packers defensive secondary seems to have fixed the communication errors that were killing them in October and November. Packers are great in close games. Keep it close and they have a shot.

Puncher's chance for sure. But SF is scary to me.

Of course. Main reason being Rodgers has the huge playoff edge. This is his fourth NFC Championship Game appearance and he's won a Super Bowl. He's been there, done that.

Meanwhile, it's Jimmy G's 2nd playoff game ever.

That counts for a lot this time of year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Gotta win the turnover battle, like at least +2.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

More than a punchers chance. Need to keep it close.

Offense can't funkify for so long next week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Win turnover battle
    Do a better job in pass protection
    Stop the run

I'd call 49ers the favorite but we have every bit the chance Seattle had tonight or better.

Packers:
    Secondary: Good
    Linebackers: Good
    DL: Solid

QB: great
    RB: really good
    OL: really good
    WRs: solid
    TEs: servicable

STs: good

The Packers don't have a weakness. They could beat anyone.

49ers favored by 7 on early Vegas line.

Bobble, I need to make a wager!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Bulaga and Baktiari play their best games of the season and the D plays a tremendous game, the Packers will win. If they keep the pocket clean for Aaron, they will win, but that is a very daunting task. Nick Bosa is a bad enough dude to save the President.

As posted earlier on another thread, hell yes we have a chance.
    Please see Mike Vrabel and the Titans.

I'm more optimistic about the Niners game than before tonight. Garrofalo ain't remotely close to as good as Wilson. If we put similar pressure on him, we will get a dozen or so sacks. Not only that, Wilson is not much below Rodgers in terms of not throwing interceptions; Garrofalo on the other hand, will throw a few to the other team.

Of course, the Niners have a better O Line for pass protection and probably a better running game, and their D is better at least than the way Seattle played in the second half.

Just the same, if the Packers O Line can hold up at least a little bit, and our D can pass rush and stop the run while not failing completely in pass coverage, then we should win.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

One thing that is very concerning is handling Kittle. Going to have to come up with something but don't see the personnel to keep him contained from having a huge game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    One thing that is very concerning is handling Kittle. Going to have to come up with something but don't see the personnel to keep him contained from having a huge game.
    Need a Wayne Simmons type to blow him the hell up right off the line of scrimmage. Don’t know anyone who can do that.

Well. The last time we had a Wayne Simmons type was when we had Wayne Simmons.

It's going to be tough to go in and beat them at home....hell anywhere. It can be done though.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If Bulaga and Baktiari play their best games of the season and the D plays a tremendous game, the Packers will win. If they keep the pocket clean for Aaron, they will win, but that is a very daunting task. Nick Bosa is a bad enough dude to save the President.
    Partial: knock it off.