Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Barney Fuckdoggle Award Thread

So how many times can a player get Fuckdoggle award? I'd say after 3, the guy is a player not just a Fuckdoggle.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    So how many times can a player get Fuckdoggle award? I'd say after 3, the guy is a player not just a Fuckdoggle.
    Good point. My suggestion is to take it into consideration when determining, but not have a hard rule. For example, what if Thomas were to win a three times with solid performances early in the year, but then he gets benched because someone else gets healthy. If, several weeks later, he gets inserted due to injury and is the MVP of the game, I think he could win a 4th.

Basically, we should give a lot of credit for players that do well in their first big chance, and less credit as they get more established.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Bears fans know exactly who he is. He was one of many receivers roasting them over the years.

Also, I would like to add that Jones is ineligible for yet another reason: he led the NFL in receiving TDs one year. Everyone knows who he is.
    Not to mention, wasn't it against the Bears that he dropped a pass and gift wrapped a game for them? I seem to have that distinct memory.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    May I assume that if Thomas wins the NFL Defensive Player of the week for several weeks, he is no longer an eligible Fuckdoggle?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    May I assume that if Thomas wins the NFL Defensive Player of the week for several weeks, he is no longer an eligible Fuckdoggle?
    Yeah, but he would still be eligible to win the year-end Fuckdoggle award.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Yeah, but he would still be eligible to win the year-end Fuckdoggle award.
    You mean like "Fuckdoggle of the Year?" Wouldn't that kind of be contrary to the spirit of the Fuckdoggle? You would think the Fuckdoggle of the Year trophy would be won by a player who was a complete scrub until maybe performing lights out in the playoffs or Super Bowl...like Starks in 2010.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Can more than one Fuckdoggle be given for a game? I'm thinking back to the SB where both Howard Green and Jarrett Bush were worthy.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You mean like "Fuckdoggle of the Year?" Wouldn't that kind of be contrary to the spirit of the Fuckdoggle? You would think the Fuckdoggle of the Year trophy would be won by a player who was a complete scrub until maybe performing lights out in the playoffs or Super Bowl...like Starks in 2010.
    Fuckdoggle of the Month makes more sense. Enough time to show a trend, but not so much time that he establishes himself.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

It depends on how you look at it. While players will lose their Fuckdoggle status during the year, they may still be the best example of a Fuckdoggle during the year. So the criteria could be looking at all the players that came out of nowhere for the year, which one performed at a level that is most surprising?

Starks would have won the playoff and Superbowl Most-Valuable-Fuckdoggle award, which I would argue is different from the year end.

Wow, this is really going far down the rabbit hole.
    Last edited by sharpe1027; 10-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Can more than one Fuckdoggle be given for a game? I'm thinking back to the SB where both Howard Green and Jarrett Bush were worthy.
    In that situation, maybe we should try to select the best one for the award, but there could be ties.

MVF, Most Valuable Fuckdoggle....I like it. It's why we put so much effort into the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft and the Undrafted Free Agents. Makes it all seem so worthwhile.

I'm thinking Bush was more of an Outcast than a Fuckdoggle.

It seems apparent that a cabinet level department is now needed to manage the regulatory framework of the Fuckdoggle. The private sector can no longer be trusted with this.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Since we're going back in time to exam possible Fuckdoggle's, I'm bummed that 2005's Taco Wallace didn't play better. He would have been the ultimate Fuckdoggle had he jammed someone with a big game.

But alas, he turned out to be just a Doggfuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    It seems apparent that a cabinet level department is now needed to manage the regulatory framework of the Fuckdoggle. The private sector can no longer be trusted with this.
    Correct.

Sharpe is the (Self-appointed) Czar of FuckDoggling.

Rand is the Chancellor, note that this title is just a bone the Czar tossed to him after he was unceremoniously deposed.

Pugs is Queen Regent of the Mops as she has been shoved into a broom closet by the afore mentioned despot.

Feel free to grant yourself a title but be prepared to be attacked viciously by the autocrat in power.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I agree it should be privatized, but don't kid yourself, the free market means there will be multiple competing sanctioning organizations. Boxing has 4 champions named, and I similarly can see awards by
    World Fuckdoggle Association
    World Fuckdoggle Council
    International Fuckdoggle Federation
    World Fuckdoggle Organization

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Correct.

Rand is the Chancellor, note that this title is just a bone the Czar tossed to him after he was unceremoniously deposed.

Pugs is Queen Regent of the Mops as she has been shoved into a broom closet by the afore mentioned despot.

Feel free to grant yourself a title but be prepared to be attacked viciously by the autocrat in power.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Correct.

I have been appointed international fuckdoggel mini I answer only to the Supreme international fuckdoggel overlord. Or Guiness for short
    Also this is hilarious!!!? Thanks!
    Last edited by Upnorth; 10-02-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Looking at getting a new jersey. If you're wondering why #58, it's the jersey Frank Zombo wore as a rookie in 2010. UDFA who started 8 games as a rookie and had a sack in the Super Bowl. The ultimate Fuckdoggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I have been appointed international fuckdoggel mini I answer only to the Supreme international fuckdoggel overlord. Or Guiness for short
    Also this is hilarious!!!? Thanks!