Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Barney Fuckdoggle Award Thread

Blog Entries
    Guys may lose eligibility quickly, but earning the Fuckdoggle is forever. There are few higher honors for an unheralded Packer player than infusing Viking and Bear fans with uncontrolled jealousy.

Janis: 2 catches for 79 yards and great blocking on Starks' TD run.

wins the buttfucker one week and the fuckdongle the next?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    It's a testament to the triumph of the human spirit.

And those are really just two sides of the same coin.

No fuckdoggles for the SD game, I don't think. Janis caught two long passes, but he didn't save the day.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Saginaw Valley State guy drafted in the seventh round. Just a few days ago he was getting blasted for special teams and allegedly being too stupid. Three WRs above him injured, playing in a game the offense is struggling heavily and that goes down to the last play. He gets 79 yards and some other good plays. Seems like a good candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No fuckdoggles for the SD game, I don't think. Janis caught two long passes, but he didn't save the day.
    At first glance I thought the same, but 1) he gained time coming in for an injured player (Montgomery, who was a backup himself), 2) no Packer had more receptions than Janis and 3) Janis had more than twice as many receiving yards as the receiver with the second most yards (Cobb 38).

In a marginal offensive day, Janis' catches made a difference, so I'm inclined to give him the Fuckdoggle.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The block and the catches = Fuckdoogle.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    With your permission, I'm going to start new threads for the "buttfucker" award and the "fuckdongle".

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The block and the catches = Fuckdoogle.
    Why not a "Fuckdoogle" while we're at it? Cock a fuckdoogle do!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I agree with Fritz on this one. As much as I'd like to give him the fuckdoggle, I don't think two receptions and a block (and continued special teams play) merits it. Two more long receptions might have done it, but only if they came on well-run routes instead of broken plays/scramble drills.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

If you look at past Fuckdoogle Award winners, they didn't have great games, they just made some plays that weren't expected from unknowns. Janis hits that mark, although perhaps barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I agree with Fritz on this one. As much as I'd like to give him the fuckdoggle, I don't think two receptions and a block (and continued special teams play) merits it. Two more long receptions might have done it, but only if they came on well-run routes instead of broken plays/scramble drills.
    Yes, but the Fuckdoggle is not your run-of-the-mill award. It is about some yahoo getting unexpected play time, often due to injuries, and pissing off opposing fans by doing something unexpected. Actual analysis of the performance and its the import on the game is secondary to the true spirit of the reward. The real test is if you can imagine Collingsworth saying "Hey, I really like this Barney Fuckdoggle guy," while the opposing fans are swearing at their screen.

Week 1: Nate Palmer
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    Week 3: Joe Thomas
    Week 4: Open
    Week 5: Josh Walker
    Week 6: Jeff Janis

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Absolutely Janis. He totally fits the bill. Saved the Packers with a couple of big plays coming to of nowhere. His big deep reception was on an overthrow to Rodgers, so he saved A. Rodger's bacon there. Also might have had another big play had Rodgers thrown him the ball right away earlier.

In fairness to Rodgers, there were a couple of plays where Janis lined up totally wrong and had to be redirected. That kinda cuts down on the trust factor.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

SD's O-line scrubs fit the bill better than Janis, but this is our award, and they can create their own Fuckdudele award.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Oh fer christ sakes, give it to Janis, we need to throw the boy guy a frickin bone...

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Yes, but the Fuckdoggle is not your run-of-the-mill award. It is about some yahoo getting unexpected play time, often due to injuries, and pissing off opposing fans by doing something unexpected. Actual analysis of the performance and its the import on the game is secondary to the true spirit of the reward. The real test is if you can imagine Collingsworth saying "Hey, I really like this Barney Fuckdoggle guy," while the opposing fans are swearing at their screen.
    Alright. You swayed me. He hit it barely, but he still hit it.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    His big deep reception was on an overthrow to Rodgers, so he saved A. Rodger's bacon there.
    Aaron Rodgers confirmed after the game the throw was to Janis (although he could be blowing smoke). Neither Janis nor RailRoad Richard Rodgers knew at the time who his intended target was.