Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Other Games

In a month, Peyton will probably knee deep in macaroni. Their offensive line isn't that hot either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    3 point loss on the road.....I gotta tell you, that Den defense is REALLY tough. If you guys play 'em, have fun.
    We will.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    NO misses a 30 yard FG to win the game with 16 seconds left. Hit the left upright like a Crosby shot.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    NO misses a 30 yard FG to win the game with 16 seconds left. Hit the left upright like a Crosby shot.
    As Shakespeare said "First, kill all the kickers."

Still, game over!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ah, the exact outcome I wanted - Weeden got to look good at the end, and Dallas still loses.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wow, 80 yard TD throw on the 2nd play. Victory NO.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    3 point loss on the road.....I gotta tell you, that Den defense is REALLY tough. If you guys play 'em, have fun.
    Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game. He looks like a shell of himself. Goes back to the middle of last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game.
    did the same for a half vs KC. How he rallied in that game is beyond me, but they would never have won that game without a great defensive effort and huge KC mistakes.

Manning is getting by on his accumulated wiles and tricks.

In case you missed it:

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- Quarterback Josh McCown matched five-time Pro Bowl quarterback Philip Rivers almost point for point, but it wasn't enough in the end after Tramon Williams jumped offside on a last-second field attempt.

The Browns lost to the San Diego Chargers, 30-27, Sunday on a 34-yard field goal as time expired after McCown brought them back time and again. The kick was a Mulligan after Browns cornerback Williams jumped offside on the first attempt, a 39-yarder that sailed wide right.
    Cleveland does something to a man, and it usually isn't good. #factoryofsadness

PFT is pretty convinced Philbin is done in Miami, and the coach their suggesting as a replacement is pretty funny -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-a-message/

Sherman! I sure didn't expect to see his name mentioned ever again...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    did the same for a half vs KC. How he rallied in that game is beyond me, but they would never have won that game without a great defensive effort and huge KC mistakes.

Manning is getting by on his accumulated wiles and tricks.
    He's getting by because of his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He's getting by because of his defense.
    That's what is saving the team (as I mentioned). Manning himself is only staying on the field due to his bag of tricks and accumulated wisdom.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    In other news, Winston is awful.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    In other news, Winston is awful.
    JaMarcus Winston will probably never be good. He'll eat himself out of the league in 3 years.

Seahawks minus Lynch tonight - in a game the Lions will be desperate for. This should be a good one. We'll see if that Detroit O-line can get anything going tonight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Seahawks minus Lynch tonight - in a game the Lions will be desperate for. This should be a good one. We'll see if that Detroit O-line can get anything going tonight.
    Detroit has looked awful so far this year. Their offense has been worse than last year's uninspired group, and the defense has lost its bite. Do they miss Suh and Fairly that much, or is it that plus Levy? I see the Seahawks winning handily, 24-3.

Scott Linehan doesn't get enough credit for making this team's offense good. That guy can flat out coach an O.

The Cowboys nearly beat Brees with Brandon Weeden as their starter.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    PFT is pretty convinced Philbin is done in Miami, and the coach their suggesting as a replacement is pretty funny -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-as-a-message/

Sherman! I sure didn't expect to see his name mentioned ever again...
    Wasn't there an article about Sherman last summer, in which he said he was done moving? I think it said he had offers, but turned them done. I think he took a high school HC job where he is living,

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Detroit has looked awful so far this year. Their offense has been worse than last year's uninspired group, and the defense has lost its bite. Do they miss Suh and Fairly that much, or is it that plus Levy? I see the Seahawks winning handily, 24-3.

I think the Lions' defensive coordinator used Suh better than the Dolphins have used him, and his loss, plus Andre Levy not playing, has killed this defense.

The offensive line is young, but Seattle is a tough place to try to come of age.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think the Lions' defensive coordinator used Suh better than the Dolphins have used him, and his loss, plus Andre Levy not playing, has killed this defense.

The offensive line is young, but Seattle is a tough place to try to come of age.
    The Lions were complaining this week about it being a 2 gapping system. DC however is down a healthy Cameron Wake and someone else, so the pass rush is not what it was anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.