Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game. He looks like a shell of himself. Goes back to the middle of last year.
    Completely agree. If they didn't have that defense they would be pretty mediocre. Since they do have that D, they are a tough team to play.

yeah, i've watched a lot of manning this year because he's on my FF team. he has no arm left, he underthrows almost everything or throws behind his target

the only way he's putting up good numbers is because his receivers are making huge plays for him

ala the favre raider game after his dad died. favre made a lot of horrible throws in that game, but the receivers(especially javon) made some incredible plays to make favre look much better then he was that night

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Completely agree. If they didn't have that defense they would be pretty mediocre. Since they do have that D, they are a tough team to play.
    I think I've seen Denver play every week Ras and I agree that their D is fast and nasty. I was actually surprised the game ended up as close as it did but Harvey is right, Manning kept the Vikes in it each time Denver had a chance to go up 3 scores. The Vikes look like they're starting to find their identity a little bit. I think they have a pretty good shot at a wildcard game this year.

I agree that Denver's team would be pretty mediocre without that D playing at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I think I've seen Denver play every week Ras and I agree that their D is fast and nasty. I was actually surprised the game ended up as close as it did but Harvey is right, Manning kept the Vikes in it each time Denver had a chance to go up 3 scores. The Vikes look like they're starting to find their identity a little bit. I think they have a pretty good shot at a wildcard game this year.

I agree that Denver's team would be pretty mediocre without that D playing at a high level.
    Yea, I expect Green Bay wins that Denver game but it'll be tough. The Vikings are not there yet but it sure seems like they are on a solid path now.

Seahawk offense looks like shit. Their defense looks damn good, though.

As soon as I say it, they begin to put together an actual drive.

Carroll is such a cheerleading dumbass. Clear false start on his player, bitches to refs asking for an offside.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Carroll is such a cheerleading dumbass. Clear false start on his player, bitches to refs asking for an offside.
    They all do that.

Lions are playing hard at least.

I don't see Caldwell doing it.

By the by, ref staring right at a blatant hold a yard away from a QB needs to be called every time.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't see Caldwell doing it.

By the by, ref staring right at a blatant hold a yard away from a QB needs to be called every time.

Caldwell probably not. He's too mellow, just like Les Frazier.

Chancellor just had the exact same hit on Calvin Johnson that Ha-Ha had against the Chiefs. No flag. I don't see anything different in the hits.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Chancellor just had the exact same hit on Calvin Johnson that Ha-Ha had against the Chiefs. No flag. I don't see anything different in the hits.
    I was just thinking the same thing Harvey.

This game is shit.

That is all.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Same ref?

Now, Walker gets injured on a dirty cut block by Seattle when Walker was engaged with another blocker. Absolutely, should have been a penalty. Rewind it. One of the worst cut blocks I have ever seen. ESPN said the injury was gruesome and no need to replay it. Give me a break. Do they have a Seahawks fan running things in the studio or what?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Wilson is fucking up.

Lions defense finally says "fuck you offense, we'll score ourselves"
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Same ref?
    Who cares? Neither should have been a penalty. No hit to the head. Defender had a couple of steps to get themselves ready. Both hit shoulder to shoulder.

Lions defense is getting good pressure. And that Seattle OL isn't real good.

Who cares? Neither should have been a penalty. No hit to the head. Defender had a couple of steps to get themselves ready. Both hit shoulder to shoulder.
    They (Refs) all call shit differently. It shouldn't be that way but at least on a secondary level this is the NFL reality.

That said on a rule book level they should all be consistent.

Anyway, I think we could both fill a thousand page book with calls that were not consistent.