Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Other Games

I miss Jon Ryan.

NFL proba ly wanted there to be fewer penalties tonigh after all the noise about the preponderance of penalties overall thus far this year.

Smart move to bat it out by Kam. His first smart move of the year.

edit: Whomever pushed the ball out of the endzone I mean.

Damn Calvin. Way to puck that up.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    This game is shit.

That is all.
    Are you serious? Watching Wilson scramble and make plays is worth the price of admission.

Then the fumbles

Then the twists and turns of fate.

Wow, what a game
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Are you serious? Watching Wilson scramble and make plays is worth the price of admission.

Then the fumbles

Then the twists and turns of fate.

Wow, what a game

Execellent game.

None of Wilsons ducks were intercepted tonight. Boo, Lions!

Chancellor looks like Elliott out there
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Game set match.

Wilson is like a stronger, more athletic, more accurate Fran Tarkenton.

Kind of a lame ending for a mostly boring game. 4th quarter salvaged it. Wish the Leos had won. They really should have at least had the overtime... :/

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Kind of a lame ending for a mostly boring game. 4th quarter salvaged it. Wish the Leos had won. They really should have at least had the overtime... :/
    I recorded it and watched it in about 25 minutes so it seemed really exciting to me. Man the Seahawks hit hard and keep hitting hard. I dunno about you all, but I like watching their defense play.

I wonder if the league will fine Chancellor for punching Megatron's arm. They always seem to conveniently ignore that rule when it produces highlight turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    They (Refs) all call shit differently. It shouldn't be that way but at least on a secondary level this is the NFL reality.

That said on a rule book level they should all be consistent.

Anyway, I think we could both fill a thousand page book with calls that were not consistent.
    No shit. But this is the exact same hit from one Monday night game to the next Monday night game. The inconsistency is a little more obvious.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-been-flagged/

Seahawks should have been flagged for knocking the ball out of the end zone. Lions should have had it at the half yard line. FUCK SEATTLE!!!
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

Seahawks should have been flagged for knocking the ball out of the end zone. Lions should have had it at the half yard line. FUCK SEATTLE!!!
    Wow. I didn't remember that rule, but I'm not a highly trained NFL ref.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I think the Seahawks are a below average team. They beat the winless Bears at home and barely beat the winless Lions at home (and probably should have lost). I actually don't expect them to make the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post

There was a ref looking right at it. Did he not know the rule, or is this another case of an official afraid to make a game-changing play call against Seattle in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Florioflusher
    Setting aside for now (but not for long) how the most unfair rule in football gave possession of the ball to the Seahawks even though they never recovered the football fumbled by Lions receiver Calvin Johnson, the decision of Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright to bat the ball out of the end zone should have given possession back to the Lions.
    I remember week 4, 1996, Brooks had the ball punched out heading into the end zone at Minnesota, and MN got the touchback. ever since then, I thought it was an absurd rule. Ugliest of all ways to lose. Within inches of the end zone AND they ultimately screw up the call. Seems all too familiar.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    The Seahawks really truly do get some of the worst officiating blunders to go in their favor don't they? Amazing how lucky that team seems to get with the bad calls.