Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the NFL saturation point?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It feels like there are too many games on TV. Yet. I find myself watching Thurs, Sun, Mon night games plus the Packers each week.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

thats cause you're brainwashed, like the rest of us

nfl=crack

I guess everybody's a little different as far as saturation. I don't watch the Thursday games (other than Thanksgiving) unless the Packers are involved. I only watch the Monday Night games if it's a really good matchup. I like the Sunday Night games. I guess they kind of replaced Monday Night for me. I haven't watched any of tonight's game yet.

So it's Tuesday. I'm thinking we could all use a game tonight.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So it's Tuesday. I'm thinking we could all use a game tonight.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I can't wait for November as college MAC games are typically aired Tues nights.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

now i go to a game and its like, "oh i can't wait to get home and see the replay of the game or the highlights". not special anymore
    No way. Going to the game is about friends, fans and the atmosphere.

Some great game memories:

At Philly - my wife assaults the Philly mascot in the parking lot, makes like Ace Ventura beating on the thing until it flees.
    At Cincy - great tailgate with awesome Cincy fans. Standing the whole game behind the Storm trooper

At San Fran: Making fun of tailgaters eating caviar. Going down to watch the post game show and witnessing Dwight Clark telling a ten year old kid to "Shut up kid, can't you see I'm on TV??"
    At Buffalo - tailgate - fans breaking up shipping pallets with sledgehammers and throwing on bonfires in gravel parking lot. Another fan is making margaritas with a bender attachment on a weed whacker. Fans cursing the Whalers after the game in the mens room. Totally primeval.
    At Chicago. Getting pushed around by angry drunk Bears fans after season sweep in '89
    At Colts 1997: go into game with sign reading Count On Losing This Sunday. Take shit after Packers lose to winless colts. Final line to guy I almost got in a fight with: "Don't wait out in the cold for those playoff tickets!"
    At Cleveland 2009: Week before Packers-Vikings Favre return game. We have a sign that says 3x4=12 (four of us with #4 jerseys and one with a #12). Rodgers ran out of bounds right in front of us, ran further than he needed to and smiled up at us. Also had a sign with Favre crying and dressed up as a Wagnerian Norse operatic god 4 foot high sign reads "Make Favre Cry 11-1-2009" Tauscher and a few other Packers walked by it during pre game warm ups and did double takes. I had at least 50 requests for pictures with the poster from Packer fans in the stadium.
    At Camp Randall Stadium: 1997 preseason. Next to tunnel before Packers come out. Wifey gets prime position and talks to Gilbert and Favre for a few minutes before the game and we high five the team as they come out.
    At Green Bay - game following Payton death. 1) To gain pity, guy in front of us claims to be Brian Piccollo's son. Rest of the game, brother-in-law and I razz him about his sex change operation (Piccollo had two daughters) 2) Later in game, Sharper lays out Ryan Wetnight, who looks unconscious on field. I stand up yelling "Oh, he painted him up. They're gonna have to cart him off on a stretcher." Moments after, Ryan's brother and father leave their seats three rows in front of us to go see if their brother/son is still alive
    At County Stadium - last game ever - Brother in law and I coin standard Favre game final drive phrase: "It shoulda never come to this" and who could ever forget the final "He Dives into the Endzone!"
    At Green Bay - 1995 wild card - Dorsey Levens jumps into the stands one row in front of us. Beer everywhere.
    At Green Bay - Three, count 'em, three games of victories over Dallas - 2004, 2009, and the playoff game last year. 2004 was my Mom and Dad's first game in Lambeau field. Never, ever, will forget all this great stuff.

Go the the games!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    How many time slots can the NFL consume and continue to attract viewers?
    How many ya got?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

how did that storm trooper get into a stadium with a fake metal gun?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how did that storm trooper get into a stadium with a fake metal gun?
    That's not a metal gun