On why the short pass game disappeared at times (and RichRod's TD): http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2131&is_corp=1

“You never know when you get in that situation whether or not the guy stepped out [of bounds],” Aaron Rodgers explained. “You see a referee without his hat, he’s not doing that on [accident]; he’s doing that because someone stepped out of bounds. So I was glad that Richie was able to stay in bounds. He’s had a couple of those now this year. He’s a good second-, third-reaction player. They ran a lot of two-high safeties with match coverage underneath, so there wasn’t a lot of holes, the checkdowns weren’t there, so we had to extend a couple plays and make something happen.”
All in all, I am a little disappointed in the O. While Nelson would help, he has not been a one man wrecking crew against the 49ers in the past. I hoped Cobb and Montgomery would provide some much needed versatility in the short passing game. In their three scoring drives (esp. the last two) they did. And I suspect the Packers might have had another score in them if they did not have a 2 score lead.

But it looked like the same man under Cover 2 that the Packers struggled with the last four years for significant parts of the game.