Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week4 @ San Fran

More Banjo: Week4 @ San Fran

Well, the Rams game next week might be interesting. They are running out the clock on the Cards.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    New from JS: Packers' defense stifles Kaepernick, Hyde in 17-13 win over 49ers http://ift.tt/1RpLF9s #Packers

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SB Nation ‏@SBNation 16m16 minutes ago
    Yep, a Packers player just told Colin Kaepernick he "ain't Russell Wilson."

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5328A...7TqOSSl_Kr08wI

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    St. Louis, which comes to Lambeau next week, hands Arizona first loss. Leaves Packers and Panthers as only undefeated in NFC.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: Excited to get to 4-0. I think that's the most important part for our football team. Very pleased. #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
    McCarthy: Our defense played lights out. I think it was our best performance of the year. #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 56s57 seconds ago
    McCarthy: I'm just proud of the step that we've taken as a football team...We'll get back at it & get on to St. Louis. #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 42s43 seconds ago
    McCarthy: Clay was a big part of the plan, & he delivered. I thought Clay played another great game. #GBvsSF

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

St. Louis, which comes to Lambeau next week, hands Arizona first loss. Leaves Packers and Panthers as only undefeated in NFC.
    Was it CM3 that said it? He also did Kap's bicep kiss celebration after his sack.
    Go PACK

Feels weird to win a defensive struggle. Two takeaways - we really need Bulaga back, and the pass rush talent we've assembled is pretty good.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Feels weird to win a defensive struggle. Two takeaways - we really need Bulaga back, and the pass rush talent we've assembled is pretty good.
    I like the pass rush the best out of all the feature of the defense.

Spotrac ‏@spotrac 6m6 minutes ago

Undefeated QBs Avg Salary:
    Rodgers: $22M
    Newton: $20.76M
    Ryan: $20.75M
    P Manning: $17M
    Dalton: $16M
    Brady: $9M
    Avg. of all QBs: $5.7M

Kaep is toast.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m37 minutes ago
    Rodgers: Good win for us. It's tough to win on the road. #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 34m34 minutes ago
    Rodgers: We're 4-0, we're first in the division & we're playing the kind of ball we want to play. #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 32m32 minutes ago
    Rodgers on playing in home state of California: "I'm a proud resident of the state of Wisconsin." #GBvsSF

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 30m30 minutes ago
    Rodgers on defense: It's fun to watch. Those guys are talented guys. I go against them every day in practice & know the ability they have.

I like the pass rush the best out of all the feature of the defense.
    Fuggin' A.

A fierce pass rush is a thing of beauty and a thing to be feared.

Atlanta is still undefeated.

Yes they are Pugger.

And the reporters think they know who called out Kaepernick as "no Russell Wilson".

At one point during the fourth quarter, FOX Sports’ microphones picked up Packers linebacker Clay Matthews shouting at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, “You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro!” Not only is Kaepernick not the Seattle Seahawks’ quarterback, he’s not even the same guy he was when he beat the Packers three straight times in roughly a calendar year.
    Wilde: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2131&is_corp=1

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Clay has a big Kap Chip on his shoulder, for sure.

[IMG]http://media.jrn.com/images/660*488/b99588368z.1_20151005001927_000_ggccr4v7.1-1.jpg[/IMG]
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

On why the short pass game disappeared at times (and RichRod's TD): http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2131&is_corp=1

“You never know when you get in that situation whether or not the guy stepped out [of bounds],” Aaron Rodgers explained. “You see a referee without his hat, he’s not doing that on [accident]; he’s doing that because someone stepped out of bounds. So I was glad that Richie was able to stay in bounds. He’s had a couple of those now this year. He’s a good second-, third-reaction player. They ran a lot of two-high safeties with match coverage underneath, so there wasn’t a lot of holes, the checkdowns weren’t there, so we had to extend a couple plays and make something happen.”
    All in all, I am a little disappointed in the O. While Nelson would help, he has not been a one man wrecking crew against the 49ers in the past. I hoped Cobb and Montgomery would provide some much needed versatility in the short passing game. In their three scoring drives (esp. the last two) they did. And I suspect the Packers might have had another score in them if they did not have a 2 score lead.

But it looked like the same man under Cover 2 that the Packers struggled with the last four years for significant parts of the game.

Most touchdown passes without an interception to start a season in NFL history:
    20 – Peyton Manning, Denver, 2013.
    19 – Nick Foles, Philadelphia, 2013.
    16 – Milt Plum, Cleveland, 1960.
    (Rodgers has started the 2015 season with 11 touchdown passes without an interception.)

A name I did not expect to see today. Glad I did. He wasn't terrible.

On why the short pass game disappeared at times (and RichRod's TD): http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2131&is_corp=1

All in all, I am a little disappointed in the O. While Nelson would help, he has not been a one man wrecking crew against the 49ers in the past. I hoped Cobb and Montgomery would provide some much needed versatility in the short passing game. In their three scoring drives (esp. the last two) they did. And I suspect the Packers might have had another score in them if they did not have a 2 score lead.

But it looked like the same man under Cover 2 that the Packers struggled with the last four years for significant parts of the game.
    It's all about the pressure. SF was able to get pressure consistently with just four. That's the main reason the passing game suffered.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    #Packers S Sean Richardson is suffering from cramps. I am guessing it's from dehydration and not intestinal.

But productive running totals — 162 total yards and an average of 4.9 yards per carry — did little to mask the issues protecting Rodgers.
    You get the sense that the 49ers weren't as worried about the run as the pass. http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers...330604151.html

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It's all about the pressure. SF was able to get pressure consistently with just four. That's the main reason the passing game suffered.
    Agreed. But they have to take shakedown away for that to succeed. I thought they fooled Rodgers only once. But those short route guys weren't always open.

St. Louis is tied with the Packers for 2nd place in the NFL in sacks with 17. Packers will need to figure some things out quickly.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14h14 hours ago
    #Packers S Sean Richardson is suffering from cramps. I am guessing it's from dehydration and not intestinal.

You get the sense that the 49ers weren't as worried about the run as the pass. http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packers...330604151.html
    Somewhere on a Niners message board, a Wistian counterpart is saying that the Niners lost because their DC didn't care about stopping the run.