Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week4 @ San Fran

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...330605101.html

Cobb definitely did bang his shoulder in the end zone, which is not going to heal properly at this rate. Agrees he was grabbed before the ball got there.

Adams denies a previous report that he has a high ankle sprain. Says he had one in high school and this one is different.

Crosby's perfect season done in by a cross wind. I thought they moved out of Candlestick?

Randall is highly competitive and no one was surprised he reacted to being challenged again after the long Smith completion by knocking the ball away from Smith.

No update on Richardson I can find. Did anyone see one from GBPG?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What happened to Richardson? Did he get hurt?

Left with cramping.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rodgers agreed that Jones got the first on that catch and fall forward. Packer Report concurs.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    Jones had the first down by a yard but they spotted him a yard short. Third-down incompletion on the short-hop to Montgomery.

Rodgers referenced a bad spot on a pass to JOnes. That was about 3:20 into second quarter. Jones got the first. Was spotted short.

After four games the Packers have run the ball one more time than they have thrown it, 124 to 123. I think the last time they looked this balanced was maybe early in 2007, before Favre convinced McCarthy that he was done throwing three picks per game.

if it was 2 safeties high, isn't that where Lacy is supposed to be the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    if it was 2 safeties high, isn't that where Lacy is supposed to be the solution?
    They finished with 162 on the ground.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2171&is_corp=1

Through four games, the Packers are tied for third in the NFL in scoring defense (17.8 points per game allowed) and are eighth in total defense (312 yards per game allowed). The next goal would be to generate more takeaways – among the NFL’s best takeaway teams since Capers took over in 2009, the Packers go into Sunday’s game against St. Louis having forced only five turnovers – and keep that arrow pointing up.
    Top 10 defense is all people asked for.

The group has gotten better in two significant areas. One, after giving up 189 yards on the ground against Chicago in the opener, opponents have averaged 90.3 yards in the last three games, taking the Packers from dead last in the 32-team NFL in run defense to 21st. And two, the Packers have now sacked opposing quarterbacks 13 times in the past two games, which according to ESPN Stats & Information is tied for their most in a two-game span since sacks became official in 1982, tying the 13 they posted during Weeks 8 and 9 in 1998. With 17 sacks on the season, the Packers are tied for second-most in the league after four games.
    Can you name the front seven from 1998?
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-06-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Wildly Underrated Head Coach, Mike McCarthy

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 13h13 hours ago
    McCarthy said the team is still working through the health situation coming out of Sunday's game. Full injury report on Wednesday.

McCarthy: "I feel very good on what we have accomplished, but our attention is on what's ahead of us, the St. Louis Rams."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13h13 hours ago
    McCarthy: Richard (Rodgers) is multidimensional...Our system puts a lot on the TE's plate...He does everything well.

BLOCKING, TOUCHDOWNS AND BEING SLOW

McCarthy said OLB Nick Perry is off to the best start of his career with the #Packers.

"I look at James Jones as just jumping back in the groove with Aaron." -- McCarthy

The 4th game of the year, McCarthy said, is a good benchmark for analytics about a team. This is when tendencies of the Packers become real.

"Ty Montgomery is a four-down football player. That's something we always liked about him." -- McCarthy

McCarthy hopes RT Bryan Bulaga can participate in some regard this week. The decision on his status will be made Wednesday morning.
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-06-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Often Wrongly Blamed Defensive Coordinator, Dom Capers

Dom Capers said the attitude his defense played with against the 49ers was really impressive. He is very pleased with his group.

Capers: "I've always felt with the number of young guys we have and guys playing different spots, if they stay tuned in we'll get better."

Capers on #GBvsSF: Obviously the 6 sacks we were pleased with. I thought there was constant disruption.

Capers said the pass rush pressure of late stems from being able to be stout against the run.

Capers: "By moving Clay inside, it's given other guys more playing time outside. ... The more opportunities you get, the better you get."

Capers on Clay Matthews: He's a unique guy. I always felt like he'd be a Pro Bowl outside or Pro Bowl inside linebacker.

Capers credits "continuity" for success of the run defense the last three weeks. Palmer comfortable, Matthews comfortable, Hyde settled.

Capers: "I thought our tackling was good yesterday. We've made some strides. That's a week-to-week thing as well"

Probable Next Head Coach, GB Packers, Edgar Bennet

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12h12 hours ago
    Bennett: "We feel like we have to execute better than what we did Sunday. Not so much a focus on the opponent, a focus on ourselves."

OC Edgar Bennett on James Jones: "Complete understanding of what we like to do on offense."

Bennett on the hits Rodgers took yesterday: "From a fundamental standpoint, we certainly feel like we can continue to improve in that area."

Bennett said WR Jared Abbrederis has had two "phenomenal" practice weeks and will have opportunities in the future.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bennett said WR Jared Abbrederis has had two "phenomenal" practice weeks and will have opportunities in the future.
    For Abracadabra, phenomenal is where he remembers his name for the whole week.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rodgers agreed that Jones got the first on that catch and fall forward. Packer Report concurs.

Jones had the first down by a yard but they spotted him a yard short. Third-down incompletion on the short-hop to Montgomery.

Rodgers referenced a bad spot on a pass to JOnes. That was about 3:20 into second quarter. Jones got the first. Was spotted short.
    Why did we not challenge the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    For Abracadabra, phenomenal is where he remembers his name for the whole week.
    It is apparent you are trying to be cute and clever but if indeed Abby is having problems remembering his name he wouldn't be a member of any football team.

'trying' is the relevant word there.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    They showed Stubby on the sidelines and he looked annoyed at the spot, so my guess is that he was aware it was a bad spot, but didn't want to waste a challenge when he thought he could get the first down anyway. oops.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...2171&is_corp=1

Top 10 defense is all people asked for.

Can you name the front seven from 1998?
    Let's see....Wilkins, Brown, Dotson, Reggie. No, wait, Holliday was a rookie in '98, him instead of Wilkins.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Let's see....Wilkins, Brown, Dotson, Reggie. No, wait, Holliday was a rookie in '98, him instead of Wilkins.
    How could you forget ol' Gabe got canned; Gabe, who replaced Sean Jones and started '97 so spectacularly, then flamed out when they needed him most...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I haven't seen the replays. maybe it was as evident or maybe M3 never got word. Haven't seen it addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    How could you forget ol' Gabe got canned; Gabe, who replaced Sean Jones and started '97 so spectacularly, then flamed out when they needed him most...
    Reggie led the way with 16, but Vonnie Holiday was tied with 8 for second place.

Can anyone guess who he was tied with? I would never remembered without ProFootballReference, but I should have. This guy was effective for his time. Classic tweener (DE/OLB). Do would have made him an OLB. Tried to anyway.