Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Peripatetic Rams Week

Rodgers has quick feet and a quick release, just like Steph Curry. That is classic Gruden analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Great example, CheeseCraig.

Fouts analyzes, Gruden analizes.
    Norm Crosby post of the day.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Bakhtiari is no Chad Clifton, and his holding calls are getting tiresome; but they have had worse than him out there too.
    One thing about Bak, he doesn't actually get called for holding that often when you consider he holds EVERY SINGLE PLAY. I give him props for that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Gig indeed. But the spread against the Niners seemed awfully large and they managed to cover that. If the defense doesn't take the day off the Packers should win by 10.
    You just can't lay double digits with GB. MM likes to count possessions and take his foot off the gas. He allows long scoring drives and runs 3 of 4 plays into a run stuffing defense just to burn clock once ahead by 3 scores. We give up more backdoor covers than any team I have ever watched (not to mention collapses in NFCC games).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    One thing about Bak, he doesn't actually get called for holding that often when you consider he holds EVERY SINGLE PLAY. I give him props for that.
    Exactly. Analytics would tell us its the called hold RATE that is most important.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Rodgers has quick feet and a quick release, just like Steph Curry. That is classic Gruden analysis.
    They did too much with this. But there is a common thread between the two. Both of these guys may have the quickest release EVER at their respective positions. It wasn't worth a booth segment, but replays were fair game.

If this was the only inanity, I wouldn't object.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That's one USC alum being (Jeff Fisher) disrespectful of another USC alum. Not kosher.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3h3 hours ago
    From @nwagoner: Rams' Daren Bates dons wig, No. 52 jersey to impersonate Clay Matthews http://es.pn/1VJzkO3

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's one USC alum being (Jeff Fisher) disrespectful of another USC alum. Not kosher.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3h3 hours ago
    From @nwagoner: Rams' Daren Bates dons wig, No. 52 jersey to impersonate Clay Matthews http://es.pn/1VJzkO3
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

^ Very nice, but you forgot the wage poster.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 18m18 minutes ago
    Packers downgrade Adams (ankle) & Burnett (calf) to doubtful for tomorrow. Added Shields (toe) & Gunter (heel) to injury report as probable.

Bulaga still questionable.

...also forgot "Days without a work-related injury".

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    ...also forgot "Days without a work-related injury".

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    We give up more backdoor covers ...
    Harlan might be interested...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

^^^^ very nice. Doors are classic. Will always get you repped.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Is that your final answer...or your formal answer? 'Cause I just want to know.
    Gurley did better than I thought he would. Still not as twitchy or fast as he was before the injury IMO. I still would draft him before Melvin Gordon though.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They did too much with this. But there is a common thread between the two. Both of these guys may have the quickest release EVER at their respective positions. It wasn't worth a booth segment, but replays were fair game.

If this was the only inanity, I wouldn't object.
    If only it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Gurley did better than I thought he would. Still not as twitchy or fast as he was before the injury IMO. I still would draft him before Melvin Gordon though.
    Gurley is very efficient. Not too surprising since there's good material to work with there. That's as much an explanation that accounts for something as I can propose.