Thread: Peripatetic Rams Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sure, but I would rather have a tackle that doesn't get himself in that predicament quite as often as Bakhtiari does.
    Not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We didn't spend a high pick or a lot of cash on Bahktari so you get what you get.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We didn't spend a high pick or a lot of cash on Bahktari so you get what you get.
    I said he was better than some they have run out there. I'm defending the tackles more than complaining about them, but I won't be blind to their shortcomings either. We should want and try to get better than Bakhtiari and Barclay, because they are nothing special. Even though OT's don't grow on trees, there are better ones; the trick is getting one. But, until and unless they get one who is better, they certainly can get by with what they have

In a perfect world, all of out 1st round picks on OL, DL/LB for a few years there would have netted more than a single pro-bowler. So yes, you get what you get, whether it is a high pick or a low pick.