Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Peripatetic Rams Week

Peripatetic Rams Week

Gregg Williams is the warrior philosopher.

Offensive Line Bonus

The much-maligned Rams offensive line helped Todd Gurley rush for 146 yards while allowing the Cardinals to sack Nick Foles only once. The Cardinals blitzed early and often, and while the Rams line reminded no one of the 1992 Cowboys, they picked up blitzers well and made the Cardinals pay for their aggression.

So let's hear it for Greg Robinson, Jamon Brown, Tim Barnes, Rodger Saffold and Rob Havenstein. That's two rookies (Brown and Havenstein) and the second-year Robinson. Maybe more games like this are coming.
    Maxie reported that the Cardinals shut down the 49ers previously with a controlled, lane-cognizant four man rush. Why were they going after Nick Foles?

Former Badger Havenstein moved former first round pick Saffold inside. But Havenstein can be had on the pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    What defense do the Rams run? If they use two Safeties deep we need to have over 150 on the ground to win.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    What defense do the Rams run? If they use two Safeties deep we need to have over 150 on the ground to win.
    They run a multiple scheme defense. Personnel is 4-3, but Williams concocts blitzes from everywhere, from over load to zone blitz.

Hard to say what they will try to do. As tempting as it is to blitz an O line that had a bad performance (Sitton had 2 holding calls), I think they try to rush with their very good front 4.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If they can get pressure with their front 4 we need our D to REALLY step up!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Our tackles have struggled all season but I hope yesterday's performance by our interior linemen was just a bad day and not a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Our tackles have struggled all season but I hope yesterday's performance by our interior linemen was just a bad day and not a sign of things to come.
    But we have this great offensive line, and it's coached by Campen. How could they possibly be playing poorly.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yet, a week ago Barclay mostly shutout the guy who had 22 sacks in 2014. Sure, Rodgers sometimes covers up their failures, but a QB who likes to move around as much as Rodgers does to extend plays can make it difficult for tackles too, because they aren't sure where he is. I think we are fortunate to have Barclay as a backup, he isn't supposed to start. No one will confuse him for a pro bowl player, but I bet there are at least a couple teams that could be improved by having Barclay as one of their starters.

Bakhtiari is no Chad Clifton, and his holding calls are getting tiresome; but they have had worse than him out there too.

You guys (and gals) are spoiled.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Its hard to be scared of anything when the game is in Lambeau but the Rams are pretty much built to be spoilers. They have a way of dragging good teams down to their level and letting bad teams hang around so everything is a close game.

I wouldn't want to play them on the road. It'd be a bit like having another Denver on the schedule.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would rather have a couple of holding calls than AR getting planted.

Outside of Chicago to open it feels like every game is against a tough defense. This oline has been tested and has done fairly well. I do think that the rams have the leagues best d line.

I would rather have a couple of holding calls than AR getting planted.
    Sure, but I would rather have a tackle that doesn't get himself in that predicament quite as often as Bakhtiari does.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sure, but I would rather have a tackle that doesn't get himself in that predicament quite as often as Bakhtiari does.
    Not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We didn't spend a high pick or a lot of cash on Bahktari so you get what you get.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Peripatetic Adj: Aristotelian

Often used to mean itinerant, wandering, meandering, or walking about. Aristotle was prone to walking about while teaching, thus the term.

This word from pb's word of the day calendar was brought to you by the letter W and the number 5.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    But we have this great offensive line, and it's coached by Campen. How could they possibly be playing poorly.
    They're best Tackle is out with an injury. The other Tackle is trying to play through an injury. And sometimes good offensive lines have a bad day.

Not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We didn't spend a high pick or a lot of cash on Bahktari so you get what you get.
    I said he was better than some they have run out there. I'm defending the tackles more than complaining about them, but I won't be blind to their shortcomings either. We should want and try to get better than Bakhtiari and Barclay, because they are nothing special. Even though OT's don't grow on trees, there are better ones; the trick is getting one. But, until and unless they get one who is better, they certainly can get by with what they have

In a perfect world, all of out 1st round picks on OL, DL/LB for a few years there would have netted more than a single pro-bowler. So yes, you get what you get, whether it is a high pick or a low pick.

I'm afraid the Rams D-line will dominate the Packers O-line, especially if the Pack's line plays like they did against the Niners. It will also be a challenge for the D-line to stop Gurley, and should show just how good the run D is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Peripatetic Adj: Aristotelian

Often used to mean itinerant, wandering, meandering, or walking about. Aristotle was prone to walking about while teaching, thus the term.

This word from pb's word of the day calendar was brought to you by the letter W and the number 5.
    Most often used in modern usage to describe Larry Brown, the well-traveled basketball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I'm afraid the Rams D-line will dominate the Packers O-line, especially if the Pack's line plays like they did against the Niners. It will also be a challenge for the D-line to stop Gurley, and should show just how good the run D is.
    Being at home always helps the O line. I was mist surprised by Sitton's two holds. He never gets penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Being at home always helps the O line. I was mist surprised by Sitton's two holds. He never gets penalized.
    Seems like the whole O-line had the yipps on Sunday.