Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Peripatetic Rams Week

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would rather have a couple of holding calls than AR getting planted.
    Absolutely. We lose #12 and we are basically screwed.

Packers favored by 9.5. That's a gig point spread against a team that has beaten Seattle and Arizona.

Gig indeed. But the spread against the Niners seemed awfully large and they managed to cover that. If the defense doesn't take the day off the Packers should win by 10.

Yeah. We had some trouble with the 49ers, but that was a road game. If this game were in St Louis it could look a lot like last season's Buffalo game. Thankfully, it's not. But, it will probably be a grind regardless. StL might pull it off. Just gotta get out of this one with no new injuries.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You guys (and gals) are spoiled.
    And loving it!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I would rather have a couple of holding calls than AR getting planted.
    Yeah except they had holding penalties and Rodgers got hit, not good at all.

Rams offense has scored well against Seattle and Arizona and been baffled by Pittsburgh and Washington.

Nothing about that makes sense except Special Teams.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rams offense has scored well against Seattle and Arizona and been baffled by Pittsburgh and Washington.

Or maybe Foles's limited recognition ability? (I'm assuming Pittsburgh still uses some variation of the LeBeau zone blitz.)

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

I watched the Rams/Steelers until Big Ben got hurt. Bad news is, Rams should have won that game IMO. They had a lot of dropped passes and dropped interceptions. I didn't notice anything special about either of the special teams.

Rams front four is definitely great. They get pressure with four that other teams get with blitzing a LB or two. In the second half, the Rams came out blitzing and got to Ben big time. On the play he was hurt, the Rams rushed five.

On the other side of the ball, Foles threw mainly short. They like to get the ball to Austin in space; Britt too. Austin is a player. Tough to tackle, quick and fast too. No need for the Pack to go blitz happy IMO. Just keep steady pressure on Foles in the pocked. The guy has a quick release though and can get the ball downfield. On one of the few times he tried it, Kendricks dropped the ball.

Both teams played a lot of New England Billy Ball. Big Ben connected deeper a couple of times on slants (this is where we'll miss Jordy big time), but mostly Ben was throwing quick over the middle on quick pitches to Bell and the TE. Rams LB's are very active and cover a lot of ground...good tacklers too.

The Pack better tackle. All the Rams RB's are tough to bring down. Tre Mason is quick and runs hard. Last week Gurley had a breakout game, though he was held in check by the Steelers. Cunningham is a slasher. They ran Cunningham and Austin out of the backfield a couple times.

Rams front four just didn't give Big Ben time to throw downfield. The time he did it was an easy pick. They're pretty tough to run against too.

If it were up to me, I'd give them a heavy dose of Lacy to start. I don't know if Arod will be able to buy time in this one by running outside the pocket. Jones and Cobb should be open underneath for quick throws. I would bet Monty has a break out game. It just seems like his game is suited to Rams defense. And DickRod might be key, especially in the red zone.

Oh yeah, and watch for special teams trick plays. Fisher's not shy about running them. Against the Steelers, they had a guy wide open on a fake punt, but it was poorly thrown.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wasn't Gurley's first game post-injury last week?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here that sound?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 21m21 minutes ago
    New from JS: Bulaga says first day back went well, will work in pads Thursday http://ift.tt/1JThBwP #Packers

Nope. He had a six carries for nine yards vs Steelers, plus he caught one pass for five yards. I didn't see Rams last week, but Gurley to me didn't seem the same RB I saw at Georgia.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

He was inactive the first two weeks, then had 6 carries (9 yards) against the Steelers.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
    #Packers got encouraging news with Bryan Bulaga practicing on limited basis today, but Davante Adams and Morgan Burnett did not participate.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Wide receivers Randall Cobb (shoulder) and James Jones (hamstring) were limited participants in practice today.

JONES HAD A HAMMY LAST WEEK TOO

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    Clay Matthews shows up on the #Packers injury report. He was full participation with a quad. Bulaga limited. Adams, Burnett, DNP

Bryan Bulaga (knee) and Demetri Goodson (hamstring) were also limited participants.

#Packers injury report:

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13
    WR Davante Adams, DNP, S Morgan Burnett, DNP, LB Jake Ryan, DNP

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 30m30 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers - NFL's most aggressive QB on 3rd down w/1-9 yards to go, but surprisingly conservative on 3rd-and-10+ http://es.pn/1jO1ueY

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h4 hours ago
    Besides Bulaga, CB Demetri Goodson returned also. WR Davante Adams, S Morgan Burnett and LB Jake Ryan still out.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4h4 hours ago
    Bulaga had a brace on his left knee under his sweatpants. No brace on the right knee.

Sam, I'd like you to stop by the house tonight. Would love to have you for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Nope. He had a six carries for nine yards vs Steelers, plus he caught one pass for five yards. I didn't see Rams last week, but Gurley to me didn't seem the same RB I saw at Georgia.
    Is that your final answer...or your formal answer? 'Cause I just want to know.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The Packers also have inserted second-round pick Quinten Rollins in the slot for 20 snaps the past two weeks, leaving either Hayward or Randall to patrol outside based on matchups. Capers has used nearly all of his active defensive personnel the past two weeks, including Sunday’s 17-3 win over San Francisco.
    Rollins getting some active-duty training in the slot.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-off/73477406/

Sam, I'd like you to stop by the house tonight. Would love to have you for dinner.

Guinan: Let's eat Sam

Shileds: What's that you said?

Guinan: Let's eat, Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Is that your final answer...or your formal answer? 'Cause I just want to know.
    I'll let you know Sunday about 3 PM.

Fisher on Rodgers: http://wp.me/p14QSB-9SmA

An air horn.

“That’s just a message to the D-line on the hard count,” Fisher told reporters on Wednesday. “No one uses the hard count better than Aaron. And everybody week after week, you’ll read clips and things and all the defensives work against it. ‘We were ready for it.’ He pulls them offsides two or three times a game. So, I woke them up in their meeting room this morning with the horn, just to send a message.”

What did the defensive linemen think of hearing the air horn in the meeting room?

“[S]some were pissed,” Fisher said. “It scared them.”
    Compared to other mobile Quarterbacks?

“Well, he’s different from Russell from a standpoint that he’s just a little bit taller,” Fisher said of Rodgers. “He can see. So, if you keep him in the pocket, he’s going to hurt you in the pocket. At times, Russell will lose track of what’s going on down the field and take off. [Rodgers] will beat you with his legs and his arm. But you just have to change things up as best you can and challenge their receivers.”