Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Playing young guys

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    How does this team not give the young kids playing time?

I don't get the argument.
    Nobody made that argument. We're talking about Janis, and I'm talking to myself about Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    4) It is possible that in the split second decision, Rodgers hesitated because he knew that it was Janis. Your conclusions seem more likely.
    I suppose, but what possible motivation would Rodgers have for taking a sack and intentionally freezing out Janis?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    5.) Maybe even though Janis was open when 'Scoops' was looking, he actually wasn't open the way he was supposed to be; that is, it's possible he ran the route wrong. Maybe he was supposed to keep running or set down in a zone or maybe he was too deep or to shallow. Unless someone knows exactly what the play called for and what Rodgers saw/was thinking, it's pretty hard to know. (Patler, this is a refinement of your '3')
    Similar to the reasons QBs sometimes get interceptions. A DB or LB ends up where he isn't expected to be, and the QB doesn't see him even though he is in plain view. In one of his interviews this past week, Rodgers was asked about his almost interception last week, he kind of chuckled and said, believe it or not, he flat out didn't see the linebacker, even though he threw it right to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I suppose, but what possible motivation would Rodgers have for taking a sack and intentionally freezing out Janis?
    It would not need to be intentional, and probably wouldn't be given the lack of time to really think it through. It could be a split second reaction. This happens to people all the time in sports, which is why trusting your training is so important. You don't have time to consciously think through every action.

Like I said, it doesn't seem like the most likely explanation.