I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. I shouldn't really call it McGinn's ranking, its his article reporting the evaluation of:

Quote Originally Posted by McGinn
...an experienced executive in personnel for a National Football League team who agreed to dissect the Packers and forecast the season for the Journal Sentinel.

Selected because of his level of expertise and success in the NFL, he has watched the Packers this summer, this September and for many years before that.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...330544111.html

Interesting, because it evaluates each position group in a narrative, then assigns a color ranking to each player (top to bottom - blue, red, purple green, yellow, white, brown.) He ranked 68 players under contract

I think it shows what a solid roster this is:

3 blues (All Pro) - Nelson, Rodgers, Matthews
6 red (Above average starter, chance to be exceptional)
9 purple (Starter you can win with)
19 green (lower tier starter or improving sub) This includes guys like Jones, R. Rodgers, Bakhtiari, Guion, Starks , Hayward, Perry, Hyde and Pennel
15 yellow (Below Average)
15 white (Incomplete)
1 brown (Reject) - sorry all you Badger fans, he put Abbrederis in this category

Some don't make any sense. How can most rookies not be "white - Incomplete"? Yet, he puts Montgomery as yellow and Abbrederis brown.

Not saying this is absolutely correct, but is is an intersting evaluation to discuss. Having 37 guys as good as Starks, Hayward, Hyde, Jones, etc. or better makes for a pretty solid game day roster