Thread: Jared Abbrederis Gets a 3 year Deal

CutlerquitRat HOFer

Jared Abbrederis Gets a 3 year Deal

Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I'm not sure I understand. Is this the original deal he signed last year?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He was released at final cut downs and then signed a practice squad contract. He needed an NFL contract when promoted to the team. The contract may very well be the exact contract he had last year when he was on IR.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

No, but it works out to be the same. The original was voided when they waved him. This one gives him the minimum for 3 years (standard contract for PS players), which is almost certainly what the old one would have given him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Seems like a standard low round draft choice contract, three years at minimum salaries. The Packers seem to want multi-year contracts even with guys they sign off the street well into the season.

This seems a bit odd to me, unless nothing's guaranteed.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It is barely above the minimum even in the third year. I doubt they take a cap hit if they cut him. Pretty good deal for the Packers.

Nothing is guaranteed. This just prevents them from mucking about with RFA tenders. Standard operating procedure in the NFL.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

My nickname for Abby is now "Brownie" because McGinn's scout rated him the only "brown" player among all players to pass through packer locker room, including practice squad transients. It's a ridiculous judgement, his potential is untested.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    My nickname for Abby is now "Brownie" because McGinn's scout rated him the only "brown" player among all players to pass through packer locker room, including practice squad transients. It's a ridiculous judgement, his potential is untested.
    as in cleveland Brown?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck