Thread: Lindy Infante Has Passed

Lindy Infante Has Passed

I know folks on these boards have a slightly different vantage point, but Lindy Infante brought Marty Schottenheimer into the 20th century (approx 1956) when he was with the Browns. Prior to that Marty thought he was Clausewitz on the Cuyahoga.

He brought a modern NFL passing game to the Browns and second year QB Bernie Kosar, and the result was a team that should have gone to the Super Bowl.

For that, I will always be grateful.

Farewell Lindy.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m11 minutes ago
    Lindy Infante passed away today at age 75. Remembering the former #Packers head coach: http://pack.rs/3to2f
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Somewhere in the heavens Lindy is thanking George Perles first.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Sad to hear. RIP.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I know folks on these boards have a slightly different vantage point, but Lindy Infante brought Marty Schottenheimer into the 20th century (approx 1956) when he was with the Browns. Prior to that Marty thought he was Clausewitz on the Cuyahoga.

He brought a modern NFL passing game to the Browns and second year QB Bernie Kosar, and the result was a team that should have gone to the Super Bowl.

For that, I will always be grateful.

Farewell Lindy.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m11 minutes ago
    Lindy Infante passed away today at age 75. Remembering the former #Packers head coach: http://pack.rs/3to2f

RE: Lindy Infante has passed

I'm not surprised. That's all he ever did.

Let's get a tribute from Anthony Dilweg.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

His 1989 squad was fun to watch. RIP

That Browns offense looked pretty good, and they had a decent defense to go with it. (Except for one drive.)
    Lindy was a better OC than HC; then again, he probably had more talent to work with in CLE back then.

Yeah, that '89 team was Majikal.

RIP Lindy.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Poor Unlucky Lindy Infante. The last time I saw him was when he was beating the hapless Super Bowl bound Packers in Indy in '97. He was ushered out following that season, as Indy ushered in the Peyton era. Marvin Harrison only was targeted 8 times in his first two years under Infante. It's all about the QB, and Infante just kept getting canned as HC right before the QB arrived. Godspeed Lindy...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lindy seemed like a fundamentally decent guy. His teams were he first ray of hope after two decades of futility and set the stage for what was to come under Wolf.

I remember his last game as his undisciplined team unravelled and Wolf was shown in the press box, hand over his mouth, glowering. Poor Lindy knew the axe was falling and said so to the victorious coach.

Another memory I have is of The Lindy Infante Show where some poor Schlub in the audience, good looking, big strapping kid sporting a mullet, who'd played some high school ball, delusionally hoping this is his big chance to live his child hood dream tells Coach if he needs someone to play press coverage, he's coaches guy. Poor Coach doesn't know what to say so there's this big pause. And cut to commercial. Totally uncomfortable for everyone involved.

RIP Coach, you gave us some good memories.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 3h3 hours ago
    Lindy was an underrated innovator for his day. Many credit him with innovating bunch formations and pass concepts

Pass to Daylight!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine played for Infante. He was a great guy. A players coach, ran a loose ship. Too loose, the teams would get away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    His 1989 squad was fun to watch. RIP
    you got that right. rip