Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Broncos Game Day Thread

Official Packers vs. Broncos Game Day Thread

All-time series is tied 6-6-1, with the Packers winning the last 3. Last time the 2 teams met, October 2 2011, Packers clobbered the Broncos 49-23. Aaron Rodgers threw for 408 yards and 4 TD's. Kyle Orton was the Broncos starting QB.

This year defensively, Broncos are 2nd in points allowed per game and 1st yards allowed. They are 4th in INT's with 9, 1st in forced fumbles with 11, and 1st in sacks with 26. Packers are #1 in points allowed despite being only 15th in yards allowed. Part of this is because they have given up a lot of rushing yards to opposing QB's, which shouldn't be a problem against Manning. Packers are #3 in sacks with 23.

Offensively Packers are 10th in YPG while Broncos are 29th. Packers are 5th in PPG and Broncos are 13th, so both teams have been more efficient at scoring than moving the ball. One huge difference is that Manning leads the NFL with 10 INT's while Rodgers has just 2. Rodgers and Manning have faced each other once when Manning was with Indy with the Packers winning 34-14 as Manning was intercepted twice. Denver has had trouble running the ball all year, with just 519 rushing yards and a 3.6 YPC. Packers have been up and down with 764 rushing yards and a 4.5 YPC.

I see a fairly low scoring game with both teams being challenged to protect their QB.

Packers 23
    Broncos 20

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I predict the Packers will try to establish the run, and we will be treated to pictures of an angry Stubby on the sidelines when Lacy and Starks are stuffed for little or no gain. But he will keep running it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

When did Tom Clements lose his play calling duties?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    When did Tom Clements lose his play calling duties?
    This can't be a serious comment. You do know that Stubby is totally involved in the game plan and play calling choices of course.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This can't be a serious comment. You do know that Stubby is totally involved in the game plan and play calling choices of course.
    i don't know

we don't see him staring blankly at his play sheet like its a common core math problem after every play like we use to see

Yes, he can over-ride a play called. I was being flippant. If we don't continue to try and establish a running game tonight we'll be 6-1 when the game is over.

I think McCarthy's impact on play choice after the game has begun would come more in situations where we might go for it on fourth down or try for a two-point conversion.

this is gonna be the longest fucking day ever

not only is it a night game, but we got the fucking day light savings bullshit, so we have to wait an extra hour

blah

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't know

we don't see him staring blankly at his play sheet like its a common core math problem after every play like we use to see
    I hate the Common Core.

Every fibre of my being wants to denigrate and mock establish the run game planning. But the Broncos are better against the pass than the run and its on the road.

So I am forced to agree. Might have to run at least 40% of the time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

I'm heading down to the game in a couple of hours.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    well fuck you then

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I expect a very vocal Kuhn chant at the very first opportunity to shock Bronco's fans.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I predict the Packers will try to establish the run, and we will be treated to pictures of an angry Stubby on the sidelines when Lacy and Starks are stuffed for little or no gain.
    Did you have to use Lacy & stuffed in the same sentence? {Burp}

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Did you have to use Lacy & stuffed in the same sentence? {Burp}
    Well done, well done!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer

not only is it a night game, but we got the fucking day light savings bullshit, so we have to wait an extra hour

blah
    Plus it is after the bye week. Stretching the 2 weeks to the longest possible time unless they played on MNF.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Packers win a relatively easy game even though the final score is close. 20-10

-Tim Harmston

packers secondary needs to be aggressive. peytons arm is gone, and he seems to be the last one to figure it out. he's attempting all the same old throws, but they're taking twice as long to get to the targets

jump that shit

and when you get the ball in your hands, CATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah
    I too hate waiting all damn day.