Thread: Sean Richardson

Sean Richardson

Just read that Richardson suffered a second herniated disc and his career might be over.

Tough break for the guy. Hopefully he makes a smart choice and retires.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Just read that Richardson suffered a second herniated disc and his career might be over.

Tough break for the guy. Hopefully he makes a smart choice and retires.
    Yea, I had high hopes for him at one point, but at this point he has to think long term. He had one decent contract, hope he took care of the money.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

career DAGGER!

i'm surprised he was able to play so long after the first injury

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He had one decent contract, hope he took care of the money.
    Per one source:

$2,550,000 one year contract.

$1,000,000 salary fully guaranteed.
    $ 200,000 roster bonus
    $1,350,000 prorated bonuses

Hard to say how much of the prorated bonus he has received or will receive. He already missed one game this year, so if it is based only on games played, he will receive very little of it (3/17ths).

Damn. What is it with Packer's Neck?

It has to be terribly discouraging. I feel bad for the guy.

Now we need to go look up the thread that has the correct vertebrae numbers for previous Packer injuries.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Forgot this is not his first. The advice of most surgeons, not just the very careful Packer's approach, is that two fusions are too great a risk with limited flexibility to continue to play football.

The injury could spell the end of Richardson's career because it is a similar injury to the one he suffered in 2012 and required fusion surgery of the C-5 and C-6 vertebrae.

According to neurosurgeons who have performed fusion surgery, a second herniation typically occurs directly below or above where the fusion took place. Richardson's latest herniation took place below the fusion, the source said.

Richardson was added to the injury report Thursday with a neck injury and was listed as a limited participant. He practiced in full on Wednesday, but was experiencing neck pain the following day and an MRI was ordered.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331699341.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, he's done. Even if he can treat it w/o surgery he needs to call it quits. I liked him. C'est la vie. Enjoy the rest of it.

Oh no. The only good thing about this is he can still walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Per one source:

$ 200,000 roster bonus

Hard to say how much of the prorated bonus he has received or will receive. He already missed one game this year, so if it is based only on games played, he will receive very little of it (3/17ths).
    According to Spotrac, it was a signing bonus, so he will recive all of the contract. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...an-richardson/

Contracts are usually guaranteed for injury anyway. They aren't guaranteed for skill degradation, but that's not the case here. He might also have a separate insurance policy as Finley did.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Contracts are usually guaranteed for injury anyway. They aren't guaranteed for skill degradation, but that's not the case here. He might also have a separate insurance policy as Finley did.
    Some contracts have a lower base salary for being on IR. Usually for camp fodder types, and occasionally for high injury risk players. So he gets to walk away with 1.5M for this year (minus taxes and various fees). If he was smart with his money (and as a UDFA, he should not have expected the NFL money would last all that long), he should enough to live on for several years. I'm guessing no insurance company would write that policy.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Yeah that would be quite a policy to explain away.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Per one source:

$ 200,000 roster bonus

TT tends to take care of his "good guys". Wouldn't be surprised if he is IRd and collects most of the money. He had 3? years already of NFL minimum, so if he was smart (big if) he should be in good shape.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    TT tends to take care of his "good guys". Wouldn't be surprised if he is IRd and collects most of the money. He had 3? years already of NFL minimum, so if he was smart (big if) he should be in good shape.
    If he never sees a dime of bonus money, he still received a million dollars guaranteed, correct?

He should be able to squeak by until he can get into a new career.

I liked the guy, and wish him well, but how big a dent is this for the special teams and for Dom's run package?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If he never sees a dime of bonus money, he still received a million dollars guaranteed, correct?

He should be able to squeak by until he can get into a new career.

I liked the guy, and wish him well, but how big a dent is this for the special teams and for Dom's run package?
    He hasn't been as noticeable on ST with Dueling Banjo, The Ripper and Janis wreaking havoc. The good kind of havoc, not the penalty filled, self loathing havoc of the Slocum years.

They are down a big safety, which makes Burnett's return important. Joe Thomas can motor and cover people, so maybe Palmer sees more time with Thomas moving. But there aren't many more bodies at safety. Its good that Banjo is playing well in the backend.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Joe Thomas can motor and cover people, so maybe Palmer sees more time with Thomas moving.
    I think Thomas's 40 time was 4.7 (I'm channeling a comment by Silverstein), so he is more like a small linebacker than a big safety. If Thomas were faster, I bet he would not have been available on a practice squad. He is just fast enough, and maybe he "plays fast". Was Richardson faster? I 'spect so.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think Thomas's 40 time was 4.7 (I'm channeling a comment by Silverstein), so he is more like a small linebacker than a big safety. If Thomas were faster, I bet he would not have been available on a practice squad. He is just fast enough, and maybe he "plays fast". Was Richardson faster? I 'spect so.
    That could be, but then he is quickest with his first couple of steps, because he moves around like no other LB except Matthews. And he has covered RBs in wheel routes better than Palmer, who was doing OK.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    They got a big, fast DB on the PS. Seems the only thing he lacks is experience...(and I would bet a Harlan-like score on the Wonderlic!): Robertson Daniel, 6'1", 209 lbs....

40 Yd
    20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill
    4.46 2.61 1.64 24 - 10'06" 4.21 6.87
    Strengths Weaknesses

He has an impressive combination of size, length and athleticism that stands out on film, using his long arms to wrap tackle, force fumbles (three) or disrupt the catch point (26 passes defended at BYU). Daniel played mostly off-coverage in college with the thought process of a safety, but shows the skill-set to play nose-to-nose in press. He doesn't have ideal twitch or technique and is always flirting with trouble (suspended for 2014 season opener), but Daniel has the competitive chops, ballskills and toughness to be a developmental option.--Dane Brugler

Player
    Overview

A no-star defensive back recruit out of high school, Robertson "Rob" Daniel quit football during his senior year at Branham because of constant run-ins with the coaches. He enrolled at De Anza Junior College and spent three seasons there, developing into a FBS-level recruit. Daniel arrived at BYU as a safety, but moved to cornerback and started 22 games the last two years (field corner as a junior, boundary corner as a senior).
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Also forgot Gunter. He's pretty big. But neither he nor Daniel is a safety. Could help with a TE.

smh