Thread: Second Monday Night Officiating Controversy

Second Monday Night Officiating Controversy

After the Chargers kicked off and had a touchback to the Steelers before their last drive, the clock read 2:56. On a change of possession the clock stops.

Not this time, the clock ran to 2:38. 18 lost second. Reports of Belichick fleeing the scene after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-controversy/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Vida @jasonvida
    Official box. FG at 2:59. Kickoff at 2:56 (touchback). Steelers first play at 2:38.

a little home cooking going on i'd say

Just a part of the home field advantage.

Didn't official time used to be kept on the field? When did the scoreboard become official? And who employs the operator?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Didn't official time used to be kept on the field? When did the scoreboard become official? And who employs the operator?
    The NFL apparently hires local folks except for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    a little home cooking going on i'd say
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Just a part of the home field advantage.
    They press is full of similar accounts including one from 2005 between the Patriots and Steelers in Pittsburgh I believe.

i remember saying to myself, while they were reviewing a play, that they need to look at the time too. didn't realize it was 18 freaking seconds until after the game. ridiculous.

And it is non-reviewable unless it involves the end of the half or game. I think I hear a rules committee meeting about to happen.