Thread: Positives from the Denver game

Positives from the Denver game

Admittedly, it is difficult to come up with any. I can think of only these:

1. Datone Jones continues to show up now and then, which is more than he did his first two years. Is a corner being turned this year?

2. Masthay seems to be working out of his nearly year-long funk.

3. Jared Abbrederis was tackled and didn't sustain a significant injury.

Anything else?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    4. I got to bed early thanks to the blowout.

5. In a week where lots of major injuries occurred, the Pack only got minor dings.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Randall got a nice pick.

Special teams were OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

5. In a week where lots of major injuries occurred, the Pack only got minor dings.
    Are we sure about that? Nothing ever seems minor with Shields. He has not played a 16 game season yet, and has missed 13 games in 5 previous seasons. Of course, with GB, being out 2-3 weeks might be a minor ding.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Are we sure about that? Nothing ever seems minor with Shields. He has not played a 16 game season yet, and has missed 13 games in 5 previous seasons. Of course, with GB, being out 2-3 weeks might be a minor ding.
    Don't forget Clay, even though he came back in. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be some injury that nags him the rest of the season or turns into a time misser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Don't forget Clay, even though he came back in. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be some injury that nags him the rest of the season or turns into a time misser.
    True. Injuries usually turn significant when he is involved, too.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There are no positive about a game like last night except that it only counts as one loss. It helps that it's on the road against the other conference.

The horrible part is how the Packers were beaten to a man in almost every individual matchup, almost the entire night. That's a thrashing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    There are no positive about a game like last night except that it only counts as one loss. It helps that it's on the road against the other conference.

The horrible part is how the Packers were beaten to a man in almost every individual matchup, almost the entire night. That's a thrashing.
    Agreed. And props to you for seeing it ahead of time. Your pregame prediction was almost exactly on the mark. Which makes me wonder if it was just personnel failings or a big fail in game planning. I mean, if you could see what's coming, shouldn't we expect Stubby and Dunderdummy to plan for the expected?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The running game was clicking - when Rodgers was the ball carrier.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Clay got his ankle half rolled. Nothing with his "normal" hamstring problems. He will be fine.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Help;

Is Rodgers or Coach "M" on drugs?

Both need a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Admittedly, it is difficult to come up with any. I can think of only these:

1. Datone Jones continues to show up now and then, which is more than he did his first two years. Is a corner being turned this year?

2. Masthay seems to be working out of his nearly year-long funk.

3. Jared Abbrederis was tackled and didn't sustain a significant injury.

Anything else?
    Masthay had some gorgeous punts last night. We were sitting behind one of the end zones and you could just see these really high spirals coming off of his foot.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Someone will finally have to admit that the offense can't simply be the same progressive routes all the time. Our offense should look more like New England's...our offensive line isn't good enough to sit in the pocket for 6 seconds and wait for guys to get open downfield. Our offense will have to create routes to get people open quickly.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    AR didn't get hurt. Looked like he broke up with Olivia, but didn't get hurt.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Someone will finally have to admit that the offense can't simply be the same progressive routes all the time. Our offense should look more like New England's...our offensive line isn't good enough to sit in the pocket for 6 seconds and wait for guys to get open downfield. Our offense will have to create routes to get people open quickly.
    This
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.