Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

If everyone keeps saying Cleveland Browns, its going to happen.

You really want Mark Murphy hiring a GM? Mr. Ribbon Cutter?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.
    Yup. We should have picked up a free agent to help us out. A couple are available. At the very least we should have activated Don Jackson. I think one reason Monty fumbled is he's not used to the contact RB's attract on a regular basis.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.
    Browns are 0-6. Packers have lost to 2 teams that are a combined 10-1.

Nice perspective joe. This could be a good thing. AR is playing like shit. He can't make excuses any more. This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.
    i'm not talking about today. i'm talking for the season. lacy was hurt today so he gets a pass. the Packers o passing system has been figured out. it's components have been nullified by defensive technique, injury, and ineptitude. i called for us to draft a wr but no. the system needs scrapped in the off season. i think a regime change is probably in the offing too.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Nice perspective joe. This could be a good thing. AR is playing like shit. He can't make excuses any more. This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

packers are certainly a top 5 or 6 team in NFC no question!!
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i'm not talking about today. i'm talking for the season. lacy was hurt today so he gets a pass. the Packers o passing system has been figured out. it's components have been nullified by defensive technique, injury, and ineptitude. i called for us to draft a wr but no. the system needs scrapped in the off season. i think a regime change is probably in the offing too.
    I wanted to draft a big, fast WR as well. The interesting thing is we did. The frustrating part is that Davis is seldom utilized and he's the fastest guy on the offense, with maybe the exception of Janis.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Be grateful for the one title we have. That is all we will achieve with this regime.

This could be the low he needs to reapply himself to doing the simple things well!
    So nothing else that smacked him in the face like a 2x4 in the preceding 12 months was enough to convince him to "reapply" himself?

Sorry, Rodgers has become the diva that Favre was from 1998 until McCarthy showed up and hadn't gone fully pussy yet. This loss won't change a thing.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

The second Brett era begins. So is Hundley any good?
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdk View Post
    The second Brett era begins. So is Hundley any good?
    from what i remember of hundley in the two preseasons that we've had him...i think callahan played better.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    from what i remember of hundley in the two preseasons that we've had him...i think callahan played better.
    In 2015, Hundley played better as the preseason progressed. Overall he was 45-65 for 630 yards with 7 TD's and 1 INT. Passer rating of 129.6. Better than Callahan IMO. He didn't play enough this year to render a judgment.

It seems pretty clear that things are broken at a deeper level than that. This isn't just the result of hardheadedness at QB, it's a combination of factors that arise when you are running a scheme that has been around for a while and can no longer adapt or generate new looks that force defenses to do things they don't want to do. The opposing defense is dictating the terms now, and if the Packers had an easy fix for that they would have implemented it by now. Their best bet was that the defensive improvement would offset the limitations of this offense. Judging from yesterday, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Gamblin' Rat
    I read that the WR's all run individual routes instead of going into bunch formations, running rub routes/legal pick routes and the likes that many other NFL O's run these days.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    I read that the WR's all run individual routes instead of going into bunch formations, running rub routes/legal pick routes and the likes that many other NFL O's run these days.
    This is true, but he has been incorporating new plays into the last few games. When Lacy got hurt versus the Giants, the no huddle returned full force with Starks after that and back came the ISO routes.

There was more variety again versus the Cowboys, I think that was directly related to his improved completion percentage. A lot of that was Monty and Cobb.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Gamblin' Rat
    It's alarming to me that he can get 5-6 seconds which is an ETERNITY in the NFL to throw and he cant find an open guy. Either he isnt seeing the field well or the guys just aren't getting open. Most QB's would destroy defenses with that much time to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In 2015, Hundley played better as the preseason progressed. Overall he was 45-65 for 630 yards with 7 TD's and 1 INT. Passer rating of 129.6. Better than Callahan IMO. He didn't play enough this year to render a judgment.
    cool, thanks! remember i said "from what i remember...". so clearly is wasn't much. lol