Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Maybe he's making them worse.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    lol
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You are correct!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_Wl0qdIDY

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post
    embarrassing!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

As much as some of you may think I'm a hater. I give aaron infinite props for this win. His play in the second half was stellar. The td to Adams was a beautiful throw. And let's not disregard that few people On the planet can throw the ball that high and that deep for the game winner. 68 yds and a moonshot.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    As much as some of you may think I'm a hater. I give aaron infinite props for this win. His play in the second half was stellar. The td to Adams was a beautiful throw. And let's not disregard that few people On the planet can throw the ball that high and that deep for the game winner. 68 yds and a moonshot.
    Don't forget the TD run with Ansah chasing him. Aaron must be fast because during the telecast, they showed Ansah catching AP from behind on a long TD run. MrAynRand, when I scrolled down and saw your last post, I almost did one of those old-fashioned spit takes with my coffee.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    MrAynRand, when I scrolled down and saw your last post, I almost did one of those old-fashioned spit takes with my coffee.
    Capture that picture and send it to Mr. Blonde!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Capture that picture and send it to Mr. Blonde!
    Why??? What is that even suppose to mean???

Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post
    Why??? What is that even suppose to mean???
    You have a vivid imagination. You could write Disney screenplays.

Did Rodgers' calling players out for lack of prep help the squad?

Well....Aaron was one miracle in Motown away from being 0-5 in 4th quarter comeback situations this season. The other 4 stalling out on the goaline with a chance to tie or take the lead. While in my opinion, he has always been unclutch, his vision and accuracy in general has been very substandard this season. Take the last 3 red zone ints. Those are throws we are just not accustomed to him making. Is he emotionally and mentally fractured because of Jordy's absence and the teams uneven play? And his deepball accuracy has been wretched all year. Why? At least once a game one of our slow ass receivers somehow gets some separation deep and Aaron can't make a solid throw. I'm at a loss. What gives with this guy?
    Last edited by yetisnowman; 01-04-2016 at 12:51 AM.

BAFFLING!!

With the injuries and shuffling of the OL, plus the inconsistency of 1) the run game to produce to reduce the two high safety looks and 2) the play callers at times self-reducing the number of rushing attempts even when the score is close enough to continue to run the ball. They may even start out with a balanced offensive attack, but at some point, not necessarily when behind by two scores, they get more pass happy.

How many clean passing plays do the Packers have where they are able to go to a primary or secondary read and get production? How many times does that become a scramble drill because 1) the receivers can't consistently get open in the passing concepts of this offense and 2) Aaron is more quickly under duress? I'm not saying every other QB has time to make a ham sandwich back there, but I have to figure if Rodgers was seeing open receivers in our passing game, he'd be trying to throw to them.

Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too. That said, he's the two-time MVP and this is a long-established coaching staff, so they should have come up with answers to execution by now. Could it be lack of productive personnel? We'll see when Jordy and Ty get back next year and when they bring in whatever help they find during this next off-season. Perhaps TT will look more closely at free agency to help his 32 year old QB.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

With the injuries and shuffling of the OL, plus the inconsistency of 1) the run game to produce to reduce the two high safety looks and 2) the play callers at times self-reducing the number of rushing attempts even when the score is close enough to continue to run the ball. They may even start out with a balanced offensive attack, but at some point, not necessarily when behind by two scores, they get more pass happy.

How many clean passing plays do the Packers have where they are able to go to a primary or secondary read and get production? How many times does that become a scramble drill because 1) the receivers can't consistently get open in the passing concepts of this offense and 2) Aaron is more quickly under duress? I'm not saying every other QB has time to make a ham sandwich back there, but I have to figure if Rodgers was seeing open receivers in our passing game, he'd be trying to throw to them.

Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too. That said, he's the two-time MVP and this is a long-established coaching staff, so they should have come up with answers to execution by now. Could it be lack of productive personnel? We'll see when Jordy and Ty get back next year and when they bring in whatever help they find during this next off-season. Perhaps TT will look more closely at free agency to help his 32 year old QB.
    Yep. About the only passing play we can run with any rhythm is the quick out with 1-2 other guys blocking.
    Go PACK

Every off-season, MM has a red letter promise. Fixing the offense will obviously be his cause cé·lè·bre this off-season.

Is his confidence shaken? Probably, but he's not going to admit that openly. If you are QB and most every time you drop back you don't see guys getting open regularly and are typically doing the scramble drill to find an open receiver with not as much bail-out this year, your confidence would probably be shaken too.
    Interestinlgy, "confidence" is the primary aspect of the QB position that AR espoused when schooling Kirk Cousins this past offseason according to KC..

Its been working very well for KC as of late, rarely looks rattled and I watch 95% of the Skins games locally

Well here we are. For the last16 games this guy can't execute a competent offense. Can't be consistent on throws that are available . No vision. No precision. He's playing like a middling pedestrian qb. He is a gigantic part of the offense. One he, MM, and TT have constructed . Such a shame. In 2010, we thought the sky was the limit. No it appears, that was our limit and we are on a inevitable downhill slide for this team.

other than Lacy, the o-line, and the odd good game from X wr, the o sucks big time...and it starts with Rodgers. over throwing, under throwing, throwing behind, throwing too low, throwing too high.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    other than Lacy, the o-line, and the odd good game from X wr, the o sucks big time...and it starts with Rodgers. over throwing, under throwing, throwing behind, throwing too low, throwing too high.
    Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Even Lacy and the running game failed. 21 carries for 71 yards isn't going to help the passing game. The turnovers killed us more than anything. Of course, Arod missed a couple throws with men open for a TD.
    I have a lot of respect for Lacy after what he tried to do out there today on a bum ankle. It is shameful TT and MM are wasting roster spots on WRs who can't get open and leaving our running game in this perilous position. It looks like Starks is out for a while so they better address this before Thursday. It is embarrassing watching this team perform like the damn Cleveland Browns.