Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies
    Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.
    Following your thorough review of all NFL quarterbacks over the past three decades, where would you rank Rodgers in big moment choke percentage? And how much of that is based on his own performance that led him to those big moments that he could then proceed to choke away. In other words, there are a lot of QBs who have choked very few times in big games simply because they weren't talented enough to get their teams to such games.
    Next, how fair are you in evaluating who is at fault for missed connections? Seems I recall there were blocking issues and other issues in some of the missed connections in the Giant's game.
    Finally, how often and how carefully do you acknowledge the opposite - the times that only Rodger's big game performances led to big game victories?

In summary, I think you have an extremely skewed view. The only thing I agree with you on is this, with modification: "He is also to blame for this debacle." How did you calculate your percent blame?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck