Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Cowboys were serious contender for the Super Bowl last year and came within a hair's breadth of knocking the Packers out of the playoffs in Lambeau.

There were 0-7 without Romo.

The Patriots do not have the most physically gifted QB in the history of the League, but succeed by emphasizing his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. They throw an entire offense of short passes at you and surprise the Defense by going medium to Gronk or LaFell.

The entire Packer offense is predicated on a Pro Bowl QB with an all world arm making it go. He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).

The re-jiggering of the Offense will begin versus the Lions this week.

We have seen this play before. Definitely in '09 and again, to a lesser extent, in 10.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).

The re-jiggering of the Offense will begin versus the Lions this week.

We have seen this play before. Definitely in '09 and again, to a lesser extent, in 10.
    The timing of their issues is the part that is different. Last year they struggled early and we often used (09/10/12) to have a lot of discussion 'round these parts during the first 8 games about the offense struggling. Usually it seemed to be mostly the line and the lack of a run game getting Rodgers beat up. This year, more than others, it seems to be issues with the WR group.

Then there was 2011, where they surged out of the gate and started petering out by the end of the year. In 2013, Rodgers was injured and they re-routed their offense through Lacy.

Assuming they overcome their problems through re-jiggering or personnel (Abby/Monty), they probably are due for a bounce during the last quarter of the season. M3 has made references before to how he builds his strategy throughout the season so they are peaking going into the playoffs. We'll see if that holds out here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He is not having a great mid-year, he is getting beaten up WAY too much. And much of that is because his receivers can no longer make the old offense work (the one's that are healthy).
    ...and much of that is on Rodgers, himself. McGinn has pointed game after game just how much time Rodgers has had on some plays, yet has still taken sacks. This week it was 7.4 seconds on a play. Yes, that is on the receivers for not getting open, but it is also on Rodgers, himself. He needs to: 1. find the best option and throw; 2. throw the ball away; or 3. get whatever few yards he can with his legs and be done with it. Pushing it to the point of being sacked does no one any good.

Rodgers shows an indecisiveness that I have not seen from him in the past. Maybe its determination to not give up on a play. Whatever it is, it leads to sacks and wear and tear on his body, and probably on his o-line as well. In spite of the runs he has had, he seems less willing to run than in the past. That's OK, but don't push to the point of getting a late term sack, which often is the most physical type coming from an unexpected angle.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ...and much of that is on Rodgers, himself. McGinn has pointed game after game just how much time Rodgers has had on some plays, yet has still taken sacks. This week it was 7.4 seconds on a play. Yes, that is on the receivers for not getting open, but it is also on Rodgers, himself. He needs to: 1. find the best option and throw; 2. throw the ball away; or 3. get whatever few yards he can with his legs and be done with it. Pushing it to the point of being sacked does no one any good.

Rodgers shows an indecisiveness that I have not seen from him in the past. Maybe its determination to not give up on a play. Whatever it is, it leads to sacks and wear and tear on his body, and probably on his o-line as well. In spite of the runs he has had, he seems less willing to run than in the past. That's OK, but don't push to the point of getting a late term sack, which often is the most physical type coming from an unexpected angle.

Yep, he's making some poor decisions. He's gun shy too - not like in 2010. Given how some of his passes look, I think he's gun shy because, for whatever reason, his accuracy is off and he knows it. Lack of confidence in receivers and his arm both gives you the outcome you're seeing. Not sure about lack of confidence in running, but agree that he need to take what they're giving him - a 1 yard run and slide is better than a sack.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yep, he's making some poor decisions. He's gun shy too - not like in 2010. Given how some of his passes look, I think he's gun shy because, for whatever reason, his accuracy is off and he knows it. Lack of confidence in receivers and his arm both gives you the outcome you're seeing. Not sure about lack of confidence in running, but agree that he need to take what they're giving him - a 1 yard run and slide is better than a sack.
    The accuracy thing is perplexing. His scrambles seem less controlled than in the past. While he has always made unconventional, off balance and awkward throws with accuracy, I was accustomed to see him scramble out of trouble, then "drift" when he threw. Now he extends plays in a herky-jerky fashions, and seems totally unprepared to throw much of the time. BUT, even when he is ready to throw, and throws on his initial drop back, his usually accuracy is not always there.