Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

No more excuses for Aaron.

Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    He will get knocked out of the game next week, so your Tolzien era can begin.

As much as you hold him responsible, and he's not been sharp, the O-line, Lacy, and the receiving corps are total disasters.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adams got free a couple of times early and Aaron missed throws. The OL was fine today. Did u miss him hitting the dirt on 6 easy completions today? He is the heartbeat of the offense. He is a veteran. Any blame should go through him first and foremost

He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    is that what that meant?

they showed that stat with 3 sacks, 7 hits and 10 knockdowns or whatever it was

i wasn't sure if that meant 10 total knockdoens with 7 being hits and 3 being sacks or if it was sacks+ hits+knockdowns

if it was 20, then he got hit a third of the time he dropped back to thrown, thats a lot

McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

At this point, I don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.
    Same could be said about Adam's only three times over.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.
    I said that in the playoff loss last year. Injured calf or not, I thought there were poor decisions on several plays in their final drive. I discussed it play by play, but most simply said, "it's the calf...."

so, I agree with you on this. Other than the one SB run, in many, many clutch situations, instead of throwing the inexplicable pick as Favre would often do, Rodgers can't seem to pull the trigger at times.

That said, today I don't blame him for the two point conversion failure. Watching replays, Adams appeared to want to cradle ot against his body. Extended arms, and a catch with his hands ala James Jones may have avoided the db.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    There's no one reason you lose to the worst team in the league at home for the first time since the USSR was a thing.

The only guy I can say is part of the solution instead of part of the problem is James Starks.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.
    It wasn't the officiating, it was the flat, lackluster play by the offense.

Watching Tom Brady today, he looks much better than Rodgers even when he has a bad series. But that could be the Patriot's superior coaching.

There are about 18 different factors screwing this offense up. The coaching staff's inability to craft a unique game plan is probably near the top. Rodgers' sudden transformation into a "scared" player who has happy feet is also near the top.

This time, they can't complain about the game being against an elite defense on the road. This was a stinker at home to a lousy defense. McCarthy has to make wholesale changes at this point, or risks throwing away the season.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Well Tausch, McCarren and Bob's scouts can wait. Don Barclay was at Left Tackle for a good portion of the second half and somehow the left side didn't light itself on fire. He had a better game than Bach has had on several occasions.

There is no doubt some portion of the hits are Rodgers waiting to throw. But he had pressure from all quarters but Barclay today. There is clearly a problem with protection calls with unexpected pressure up the middle. Its like the line is doing a half slide protection one way, opening the middle and Rodgers is telling Starks to block anywhere but the middle.

Early in the game though, he had time. Once the pressure started, things got worse.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either
    Ya, I think they are full of shit. Watch - on almost every drop back, Bacteria and Beluga are surrendering 3 steps towards Rodgers. He never gets a clean pocket. And I think it's also made him skittish, so he's to blame for that. Then add that receivers are blanketed, and maybe not doing what Rodgers expects (maybe part his fault too). It's a combination mess, but I think it starts with the tackles, and now the interior is doing the same thing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had leverage which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.
    Last edited by Patler; 11-15-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had outside leverage, which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.
    Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.