Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No more excuses for Aaron.

Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    He will get knocked out of the game next week, so your Tolzien era can begin.

As much as you hold him responsible, and he's not been sharp, the O-line, Lacy, and the receiving corps are total disasters.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adams got free a couple of times early and Aaron missed throws. The OL was fine today. Did u miss him hitting the dirt on 6 easy completions today? He is the heartbeat of the offense. He is a veteran. Any blame should go through him first and foremost

He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    is that what that meant?

they showed that stat with 3 sacks, 7 hits and 10 knockdowns or whatever it was

i wasn't sure if that meant 10 total knockdoens with 7 being hits and 3 being sacks or if it was sacks+ hits+knockdowns

if it was 20, then he got hit a third of the time he dropped back to thrown, thats a lot

But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...
    I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.
    and more plays have been identified in which Rodgers does have available targets, even if not wide open, but doesn't throw. It is a snowballing effect from the play of the OL, receivers and QB.

I think equal blame is deserved.

I feel like we rarely run three step drops and that is part of the problem. 3 steps and sling it - but that won't work if DBs are raping your WRs in man. It seems people found the way to beat the Packers - take the Seattle approach. You know the refs aren't going to call the PI every play, so rape away.

the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the o-line was not fine today

the couple of plays were he had time to throw and missed were anomalies
    Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Those "anomalies" come up quite a bit when it matters most. 2009 Missing Jennings in OT against AZ for a game winner? How bout 2 years later vs NY in the playoffs when he had Greg wide open for an easy pitch and catch TD? How about vs Seattle last year, or Denver this year, or Carolina last week with the game on the line? The guy consistently shrivels up in big moments and chokes. If you don't see that you are in denial. Not to mention he has a hand in what this team does from a schematic standpoint, the coaching staff and offense plays through him. He is as much to blame as anyone for this debacle.
    Following your thorough review of all NFL quarterbacks over the past three decades, where would you rank Rodgers in big moment choke percentage? And how much of that is based on his own performance that led him to those big moments that he could then proceed to choke away. In other words, there are a lot of QBs who have choked very few times in big games simply because they weren't talented enough to get their teams to such games.
    Next, how fair are you in evaluating who is at fault for missed connections? Seems I recall there were blocking issues and other issues in some of the missed connections in the Giant's game.
    Finally, how often and how carefully do you acknowledge the opposite - the times that only Rodger's big game performances led to big game victories?

In summary, I think you have an extremely skewed view. The only thing I agree with you on is this, with modification: "He is also to blame for this debacle." How did you calculate your percent blame?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Cobb catches the ball in the first half we win the Damn game.
    Same could be said about Adam's only three times over.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

At this point, I don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    McGinn's article today quoted the typical scouts and head office personnel, who said the o line is fine, even better than they thought, but Rodgers reluctance and indecision puts them in difficult situations.

you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    you weren't here in the game day thread, but i mentioned that larry and taush said on the pregame show that the o-line was fine, and last week was only a problem because of assignment confusion on a few plays

i don't get it either
    Ya, I think they are full of shit. Watch - on almost every drop back, Bacteria and Beluga are surrendering 3 steps towards Rodgers. He never gets a clean pocket. And I think it's also made him skittish, so he's to blame for that. Then add that receivers are blanketed, and maybe not doing what Rodgers expects (maybe part his fault too). It's a combination mess, but I think it starts with the tackles, and now the interior is doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

There are about 18 different factors screwing this offense up. The coaching staff's inability to craft a unique game plan is probably near the top. Rodgers' sudden transformation into a "scared" player who has happy feet is also near the top.

This time, they can't complain about the game being against an elite defense on the road. This was a stinker at home to a lousy defense. McCarthy has to make wholesale changes at this point, or risks throwing away the season.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Many have overlooked his poor clutch performances. Many have made excuses for his poor playoff performances. At this point he is not an all time great. We whine on and on about Capers and the defense but it's aaron and the offense that fails us time and time again when it matters most. His claim to fame is not throwing picks and racking up numbers against weak teams. Hope he proves me wrong the 2nd half of his career.
    I said that in the playoff loss last year. Injured calf or not, I thought there were poor decisions on several plays in their final drive. I discussed it play by play, but most simply said, "it's the calf...."

so, I agree with you on this. Other than the one SB run, in many, many clutch situations, instead of throwing the inexplicable pick as Favre would often do, Rodgers can't seem to pull the trigger at times.

That said, today I don't blame him for the two point conversion failure. Watching replays, Adams appeared to want to cradle ot against his body. Extended arms, and a catch with his hands ala James Jones may have avoided the db.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.