Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.
    Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.

Another interesting tidbit from Rodgers on a play that had pressure up the middle. I forget which play right now. He said the call was for the blockers to allow pressure up the middle, his intent was to roll right and he said the rushers there would be no problem. But, he said he hesitated, then went left instead, right at the guys they let come through. He said he made that one look awful bad when the line did as they were supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.
    I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.
    Regardless, I will probably go with the McCarren/Rodgers analysis, because, .....well....., you probably get the idea.

Aaron Rodgers can go fuck himself sideways and die.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...233808944.html

The little pussy is offended ...... oh, too bad.
    I'm finished with this cunt. If the Packers cut him tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Fucking faggot. (And don't be fooled, Rodgers is as queer as a two dollar bill)

Rodgers flat admitted after the game he came off Cobb nearly immediately when he spied what Tillman was doing (inside leverage on Jones). Didn't think the pick would work that well. What scared him off the throw was Tillman's technique. He said he was wrong not to trust the route.

Everyone on the planet thought the pass rush is what scared him, including Jaworski who was bellowing something about seeing ghosts this weekend.

I think the pressure kept him from staying on Cobb or Jones (Jones broke open too it was such a good pick) for any length of time. As it turned out, the bigger threat was up the middle and he side stepped into it.

Bob's scouts are overselling a mediocre performance. The line is problematic, but talented, and it can get its act together for a while. Its also having trouble with middle pressure for the first time since the RBs were rookies.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

But he is starting to duck and move even before the pressure arrives. Still, it is arriving all too often, so what is he to do? Seems like a bit of a catch 22. or drop 22. Or catch 22 if you mean Ripkowski.

^^^ I wish I could blame this on being drunk...
    I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I agree. Its affected him out of proportion to the threat. And holding onto the ball waiting for someone to break open just exposes him to more hits.
    and more plays have been identified in which Rodgers does have available targets, even if not wide open, but doesn't throw. It is a snowballing effect from the play of the OL, receivers and QB.

I think equal blame is deserved.

He has become decidedly inaccurate in the pocket when he begins to get happy feet. No doubt.

But getting hit 20 times a game will do that to you. I am stunned he isn't doing a Favre and throwing on the second of his three step drop.
    I feel like we rarely run three step drops and that is part of the problem. 3 steps and sling it - but that won't work if DBs are raping your WRs in man. It seems people found the way to beat the Packers - take the Seattle approach. You know the refs aren't going to call the PI every play, so rape away.

Seems to be less getting beat physically, more to do with communication issues/blown assignments for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Seems to be less getting beat physically, more to do with communication issues/blown assignments for the line.
    and that makes no sense for a line that has been together for a year+, parts of it for much longer than that. Why now all of a sudden? Have they tried to change something that isn't working?

Maybe we can blame it all on the new OL assistant?
    Ya, that's it! It's his fault!
    Fire his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Some of their small scale adjustments have come back to bite them. Someone mentioned elsewhere that Rodgers told the O line to leave the middle unblocked and he was going to roll out right. That probably has worked like a charm for years. But with Bulaga retreating faster than ever, he wasn't able to move to his right as he normally would.

I as going to try and stay away from the site today and I should have but I didnt and read this thread and cant believe what I am reading call Chicago you few whiners out there I know they would be glad to trade cutler for him have you forgot how long he held the record for highest qb ranking in a row I mean come on get serious yes something is wrong right now they will get it fixed but until then dont bite the hand that will be leading your team to many more wins division tittles and even sb ? but for the know it alls I bet if you really wanted to trade him and go with our back ups you would have teams lining up to get him.
    I bet you all remember how well that went the last time Arod got hurt YA RIGHT any way tear me .apart all you want but wake the hell up he is our leader .

Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post

Fucking faggot. (And don't be fooled, Rodgers is as queer as a two dollar bill)
    The likeness is frightening

As disturbed as I am by the loss today I am profoundly disturbed by how this losing attitude, this lack of edge is affecting all of you.

The answer is painfully clear and I am aghast that none of you has identified it:

Olivia Munn.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    As disturbed as I am by the loss today I am profoundly disturbed by how this losing attitude, this lack of edge is affecting all of you.

The answer is painfully clear and I am aghast that none of you has identified it:

Olivia Munn.
    JimX and Red IDed Yoko in another thread. The muse has soured and ruined the band.

Time for her to go. After all, Rodgers is apparently a faggot.

The likeness is frightening

Did I see a flash of Ellen Degenerate in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    and that makes no sense for a line that has been together for a year+, parts of it for much longer than that. Why now all of a sudden? Have they tried to change something that isn't working?

Maybe we can blame it all on the new OL assistant?
    Ya, that's it! It's his fault!
    Fire his ass!
    It's whatever is bothering Lacy. Before Lacy, the line was still a tire fire. Lacy was drafted, and the defenses had to respect that. Lacy (for whatever reason) fell off this year. The O Line followed. It is now back where it was pre-Lacy.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.