Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    The refs not flagging on the Adams PI all game hurt too.
    It wasn't the officiating, it was the flat, lackluster play by the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It wasn't the officiating, it was the flat, lackluster play by the offense.
    I've always thought this was bullshit. Yes, the offense played poorly. Part of that was 24 mainly, and the Lion DBs in general, being allowed to pull, grab, and armbar at will, the entire game. That was a shit performance by the officiating crew and it directly affected the integrity of the game. First time since SEA replacement refs that I felt officiating was that bad that it made the game not worth watching.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I've always thought this was bullshit. Yes, the offense played poorly. Part of that was 24 mainly, and the Lion DBs in general, being allowed to pull, grab, and armbar at will, the entire game. That was a shit performance by the officiating crew and it directly affected the integrity of the game. First time since SEA replacement refs that I felt officiating was that bad that it made the game not worth watching.
    It's one of those things where you never know what would have happened, but you know it affected the game. Kudos to Detroit for gaming the system - sometimes cheaters prosper...

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    There's no one reason you lose to the worst team in the league at home for the first time since the USSR was a thing.

The only guy I can say is part of the solution instead of part of the problem is James Starks.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Watching Tom Brady today, he looks much better than Rodgers even when he has a bad series. But that could be the Patriot's superior coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Watching Tom Brady today, he looks much better than Rodgers even when he has a bad series. But that could be the Patriot's superior coaching.
    Do you think Rodgers is missing having a position coach that is only responsible for him and the other QBs? I'm beginning to suspect have Van Pelt in charge of both the QBs and WRs is doing neither position any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Do you think Rodgers is missing having a position coach that is only responsible for him and the other QBs? I'm beginning to suspect have Van Pelt in charge of both the QBs and WRs is doing neither position any favors.
    well, what we do know for sure is that he sure as hell isn't improving the chemistry between the QB's and his WR's

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well, what we do know for sure is that he sure as hell isn't improving the chemistry between the QB's and his WR's
    Maybe another trip to Mexico would help.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Well Tausch, McCarren and Bob's scouts can wait. Don Barclay was at Left Tackle for a good portion of the second half and somehow the left side didn't light itself on fire. He had a better game than Bach has had on several occasions.

There is no doubt some portion of the hits are Rodgers waiting to throw. But he had pressure from all quarters but Barclay today. There is clearly a problem with protection calls with unexpected pressure up the middle. Its like the line is doing a half slide protection one way, opening the middle and Rodgers is telling Starks to block anywhere but the middle.

Early in the game though, he had time. Once the pressure started, things got worse.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had leverage which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.
    Last edited by Patler; 11-15-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sometimes I think there is more of a pocket than the TV angle leads us to believe. On one of McCarren's shows last week, ARodgers was the guest. They showed the final play from a high angle behind the play. What looked like real pressure from Bulaga's man was really not nearly as in Rodgers face as I had thought. Rodgers even said the pressure wasn't that bad, but he went away from Cobb because the defense had outside leverage, which usually ruins that play. But he admitted the "rub" was designed to do exactly as it did; and he should have stayed on Cobb longer.

So while the announcers described it as pressure from Bulaga's guy, another angle disproved that, and Rodgers discredited that as the reason.
    Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Must be my lyin' eyes again - I saw the defender push Bulaga right into the pocket, even with Stark's assist. Something frightened Rodgers there and it wasn't ISIS.

I suspect a white lie told to watching scouts - and a bit of CYA.
    Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Well, that's what I thought too, until I saw it from a different angle. The initial pressure was more straight up the field, not toward the pocket. By the way, they showed it also again as a split screen, Rodgers in one and Cobb and Jones in the other. Rodgers didn't give it a chance, he looked at and turned away from Cobb well before the defenders collided and well before Cobb made his break. He never gave the play a chance to work, because he didn't think it would work. But it did work and he really would have had time to get it there had he stuck with the play.
    I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.

I'll go back and dissect it. Maybe when I'm dead. Which might be sooner than later. But I won't be able to get back to you with my analysis. You'll have to live with the mystery.
    Regardless, I will probably go with the McCarren/Rodgers analysis, because, .....well....., you probably get the idea.

Another interesting tidbit from Rodgers on a play that had pressure up the middle. I forget which play right now. He said the call was for the blockers to allow pressure up the middle, his intent was to roll right and he said the rushers there would be no problem. But, he said he hesitated, then went left instead, right at the guys they let come through. He said he made that one look awful bad when the line did as they were supposed to.

Rodgers flat admitted after the game he came off Cobb nearly immediately when he spied what Tillman was doing (inside leverage on Jones). Didn't think the pick would work that well. What scared him off the throw was Tillman's technique. He said he was wrong not to trust the route.

Everyone on the planet thought the pass rush is what scared him, including Jaworski who was bellowing something about seeing ghosts this weekend.

I think the pressure kept him from staying on Cobb or Jones (Jones broke open too it was such a good pick) for any length of time. As it turned out, the bigger threat was up the middle and he side stepped into it.

Bob's scouts are overselling a mediocre performance. The line is problematic, but talented, and it can get its act together for a while. Its also having trouble with middle pressure for the first time since the RBs were rookies.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Aaron Rodgers can go fuck himself sideways and die.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...233808944.html

The little pussy is offended ...... oh, too bad.
    I'm finished with this cunt. If the Packers cut him tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Fucking faggot. (And don't be fooled, Rodgers is as queer as a two dollar bill)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post

Fucking faggot. (And don't be fooled, Rodgers is as queer as a two dollar bill)
    The likeness is frightening

Did I see a flash of Ellen Degenerate in there?

HILARIOUS!

Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......