Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I thought Rodgers was pissed at himself for a throw that got his new favorite WR blasted.
    That's kinda what I saw.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Did anyone make it through that? Guy should be shot.
    I love that he starts each video by making a blanket statement (last one posted was that teams DON'T play cover 2 versus the Packers anymore followed by two immediate examples of Cover 2 being played) and then delivers proof he's not paying attention. Immediately at the snap of the ball, the deep safety to the side of the formation with 3 potential receivers drops down out of Cover 2 to handle Cobb and allow a DB to roll up to shorter routes.

If Rodgers saw the coverage disguise (or change - Lion's guy could have simply seen something from film) I am not sure it matters that Cobb broke his route to take it deep. Because he has already committed to the off coverage look by going to Adams on an out route.

I do agree that Rodgers not seeing Cobb deep is one of the byproducts of getting pressure and hits like he has been for the last 3 weeks. If not in this case, then there have been others. He is not picking good times to be patient, waiting for something else to break open elsewhere after initial routes were covered. They are trying to get the ball out on rhythm and early to help the O line. When he does wait, the results have been poor as pressure has increased in the pocket and he has not been accurate targeting receivers who have altered their routes.

Its the text book definition of out of sync.

If you are Tebow, Wilson or Newton, then waiting for a guy to clear coverage is your bread and butter because accuracy and consistency is not your strong suit. If protection breaks down, you bounce away and run. Rodgers relies on anticipation like most WCO QBs. But that anticipation hasn't sync'd with his receivers since Week 2.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-18-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You guys all know my Badger Bias, well except for Tolzien, because he sucked as a Badger..........but.....was this just me or did anybody else see the same thing ????

Abby roasts a guy down the sidelines and with a well thrown ball he walks in for a Touchdown.
    Instead of a well thrown Ball, Rodgers throws it clearly behind Abby, who has to turn his entire body to make the catch and gets laid out by somebody who messed up his ribs good.

Right after this occurred, it appeared Rodgers was motioning with some anger that Abby should have caught the ball, turned it upfield, and scored but the throw seemed too far behind him to do so

Replay kept going back to AROD who seemed to be frustrated the WR didn't turn this up for a TD...meanwhile ....the WR was laid out to dry and pummeled

Did anybody else see it this way ?
    Tolzien sucked as a Badger? Second best badger QB behind Russ Wilson in my 30 year life. Not sure what you're talking about Bretsky, but that is loco man. He led the nation in pass rating I believe!

ARod has been in rare A-hole form lately though. He body language and play have been Cutler-esque for a few weeks now.

Does Rodgers having a right shoulder injury count as an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if this injury occurred early in the Denver game, on that big hit. He hasn't been the same since.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You guys all know my Badger Bias, well except for Tolzien, because he sucked as a Badger..........but.....was this just me or did anybody else see the same thing ????

Abby roasts a guy down the sidelines and with a well thrown ball he walks in for a Touchdown.
    Instead of a well thrown Ball, Rodgers throws it clearly behind Abby, who has to turn his entire body to make the catch and gets laid out by somebody who messed up his ribs good.

Right after this occurred, it appeared Rodgers was motioning with some anger that Abby should have caught the ball, turned it upfield, and scored but the throw seemed too far behind him to do so

Replay kept going back to AROD who seemed to be frustrated the WR didn't turn this up for a TD...meanwhile ....the WR was laid out to dry and pummeled

Did anybody else see it this way ?
    I did not see it that way and it happened literally 40 feet from me live at the stadium. We have tickets in the SW corner right at the end zone.

When the ball was in the air I thought it was going to be a TD. He was behind the two Lions that were near him. I then scanned the field and saw the Lion S with his head down running as fast as he could toward the pilon. Abby was not going to score and it was only a matter of if he was going to be face forward or face backwards were he got crushed at full speed by the safety.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

wrong thread
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Injured right shoulder.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

No more excuses for Aaron.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_blonde View Post

this is genius - now the problem is the bye week Mexico trip and Rodgers now hates Cobb and won't throw him the ball. Never mind the drop. Also, this genius doesn't understand that DBs actually break off coverage routes when the ball is thrown. Pretty standard. That's when I stopped watching.

It would be pretty funny if the guy talking were actually Mr. Blonde though. Hey der Mr. Blonde, dee O-line has ta blaack laanger dan 1.2 seconds to allow a receever ta caam open, dontcha' know?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rob Demovsky ✔@RobDemovsky
    Five reasons why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is struggling http://es.pn/1X4mOJB

oliviamunn ✔@oliviamunn
    Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky. Your professional skills are lacking... you must be having personal problems at home.

Demovsky can be self-centered idiot. I think he just stepped in something he's going to have to clean up. You don't want your SEO to bollix up your access.

Coincidentally, Wilde was just hired by the national ESPN to cover the Packers AND Rodgers (the press release specifically mentioned the QB) for their football blog previously run by Demovsky alone. They might need Jason more than ever now. Which is also interesting because Wilde and Demovsky are thicker than thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Coincidentally, Wilde was just hired by the national ESPN to cover the Packers AND Rodgers (the press release specifically mentioned the QB) for their football blog previously run by Demovsky alone. They might need Jason more than ever now. Which is also interesting because Wilde and Demovsky are thicker than thieves.
    Olivia Wilde? I am officially confused - And maybe excited.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I bet Aaron wished it was true as well. Jason Wilde is kinda dumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well, what we do know for sure is that he sure as hell isn't improving the chemistry between the QB's and his WR's
    Maybe another trip to Mexico would help.

Seifert hated the Packers, but I don't read the ESPN blog since he stopped covering the NFCN.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rob Demovsky ✔@RobDemovsky
    Five reasons why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is struggling http://es.pn/1X4mOJB

oliviamunn ✔@oliviamunn
    Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky. Your professional skills are lacking... you must be having personal problems at home.

Demovsky can be self-centered idiot. I think he just stepped in something he's going to have to clean up. You don't want your SEO to bollix up your access.

I don't blame Olivia for getting miffed at Demovsky here. He didn't have to go there. Demovsky also speculated that our offensive woes are because our WRs are slow. Of course another top team's WRs are even slower - NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't blame Olivia for getting miffed at Demovsky here. He didn't have to go there. Demovsky also speculated that our offensive woes are because our WRs are slow. Of course another top team's WRs are even slower - NE.
    I would have bet there is no dumber way to cover football by involving scouts than McGinn's random scout quote generator. But Demovsky found it by involving an anonymous agent.

Cian Fiahey from Football Outsiders is making excuses for Rodgers:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fil...-davante-adams
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I have said for years that Rodgers is only great when ahead and most everything goes his way. People on here jumped all over me on that, but he is really starting to show his true colors this season. Then again, his head coach is doing him absolutely no favors.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Cian Fiahey from Football Outsiders is making excuses for Rodgers:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fil...-davante-adams
    I agree with Fiahey. Davante Adams is way over-rated. No way should they have targeted him 20+ times.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I can't comment in this thread until we get past the Olivia Wilde page. Halts progress of post every time I scroll.