Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

I think this would all go away if Olivia Munn would simply release some nudes of herself.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think this would all go away if Olivia Munn would simply release some nudes of herself.
    you've already seen 95%.

What could be worse if is she releases nudes of Rodgers (not that there's anything wrong with that)

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Some Grade B+ trolling from JSOnline comments section:

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 33m33 minutes ago
    There is this:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

A few years back, when the Cowboys and Romo were playing poorly, some in the national media blamed it on his budding relationship with Jessica Simpson. They started filming and reporting her actions and reactions in various skyboxes around the league. He seemed to play his worst whenever she was at a game, or so they reported. The same has happened with other QBs who dated known entertainers. No one blames a childhood sweetheart, or the common, everyday girlfriend.

I can sympathize with Rodgers and Munn, but that type of reporting sort of comes with the job of being an NFL starting QB and dating an entertainment celebrity. Heck, it has been done since Joe Namathy was playing for the Jets and being seen with every female celebrity on the planet, it seemed.

I had no idea who Munn was until Rodgers started seeing her. NOBODY come close to Namath.
    C.H.U.D.

Just because its predictable doesn't make it accurate. Or appropriate.

If she's at the game in the crowd, then TV has her at a public event. Demovsky literally had nothing to hang that speculation on.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I heard that Bulaga has a new puppy that is crapping all over the house and that is affecting his sleep and thus his performance on the field. Small things can really derail a season.

ON the other hand, Ripkowski had a break-in and someone stole his entire "Masters of the Universe" action figures set. He is hopping mad, so the best thing is to get him on the field more. Coaches have to know these things.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I had no idea who Munn was until Rodgers started seeing her. NOBODY come close to Namath.
    No, no one has come close to Namath, who was with someone new virtually every week, it seemed; but he sort of started the media fascination with NFL players and starlets. Baseball had DiMaggio and Monroe, probably others before and after; but the NFL didn't have the same national fascination and reporting before the '60s. It was changing, and Broadway Joe kicked it into the entertainment industry big time.

Other players can get by better than QBs, but it seems like the media waits for the chance to blame a star for a QBs rough patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    NOBODY come close to Namath.
    probably because of BO

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    like the media waits for the chance to blame a star for a QBs rough patches.
    Internal voice: maybe I shouldn't respond, maybe, maybe...Oh, what the hell

External voice: That's why they make K-Y jelly

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just because its predictable doesn't make it accurate. Or appropriate.

If she's at the game in the crowd, then TV has her at a public event. Demovsky literally had nothing to hang that speculation on.
    Of course not. But it shouldn't come as any surprise. Sometime I think it is better if the player and his girlfriend stay low key about those types of reports. They aren't going to change it, and they keep their instance in the public eye even longer. Of course, from what I have seen since she became famous for dating Rodgers, Munn doesn't seem to be the type to take it lying down. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.) A wilting violet she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I heard that Bulaga has a new puppy that is crapping all over the house and that is affecting his sleep and thus his performance on the field. Small things can really derail a season.
    It was better when Packer players were keeping lions and pitbulls.

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...c-hall-of-fame

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Of course not. But it shouldn't come as any surprise. Sometime I think it is better if the player and his girlfriend stay low key about those types of reports. They aren't going to change it, and they keep their instance in the public eye even longer. Of course, from what I have seen since she became famous for dating Rodgers, Munn doesn't seem to be the type to take it lying down. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one.) A wilting violet she isn't.
    I would normally agree. If it was Skip Bayless, TMZ and radio call in shows (or online message boards) then even mentioning it offhand will only escalate.

But this story has appears on ESPN, Washington Post and Fox Sports. That represents an escalation of stupid. However, like the tabloid coverage mentioned earlier, I think its a lost cause. Its just under the rubric of covering social media, which everyone is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think its a lost cause. Its just under the rubric of covering social media, which everyone is doing now.
    According to the magazines at the grocery store, Jen Aniston has been married 16 times and birthed 32 children over the past decade. And Angelina Jolie weighs 47 pounds.

That last one might be true.

The JSO poster's point about Rodgers being different after dating Munn may have merit:

Patler, think about how you used to act when you hung out with those cross-dressers. You'd show up wearing make up and shit. It was just weird.

PB, remember when you were going "Walkabout" with Paul Hogan. Next thing we knew, you were wearing leather vests, talking in a fake Austrailian accent and putting Vegemite on everything.. Gross.

Fritz, your time with Drew was unforgettable. The way you'd walk around with sunglasses on, even at night with your "personal assistant" in tow, 24/7.

Rand, remember when you hung out with Tex and all of a sudden were taking all those trips to Thailand?

Who can forget my "Goth" phase? I still have a hard time passing the make up aisle at Target and not picking out the latest shade of black lipstick.

The people we spend our time with shapes us. We don't exist in a vacuum, there is a complex interplay of personality and psyche. Spend time with shit heads, you're gonna be more of a shit head. Spend time with uplifting people, you're gonna be a better person. Spend time at Packerrats and you may attain enlightenment.

We obviously know little about her or their dynamic, the nature of their relationship what conversations they have. But as Patler pointed out, starlets are rarely a good value. Hollywood is rife with narcissists and narcissists make for poor partners, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The JSO poster's point about Rodgers being different after dating Munn may have merit:

Patler, think about how you used to act when you hung out with those cross-dressers. You'd show up wearing make up and shit. It was just weird.

PB, remember when you were going "Walkabout" with Paul Hogan. Next thing we knew, you were wearing leather vests, talking in a fake Austrailian accent and putting Vegemite on everything.. Gross.

Fritz, your time with Drew was unforgettable. The way you'd walk around with sunglasses on, even at night with your "personal assistant" in tow, 24/7.

Rand, remember when you hung out with Tex and all of a sudden were taking all those trips to Thailand?

Who can forget my "Goth" phase? I still have a hard time passing the make up aisle at Target and not picking out the latest shade of black lipstick.

The people we spend our time with shapes us. We don't exist in a vacuum, there is a complex interplay of personality and psyche. Spend time with shit heads, you're gonna be more of a shit head. Spend time with uplifting people, you're gonna be a better person. Spend time at Packerrats and you may attain enlightenment.

We obviously know little about her or their dynamic, the nature of their relationship what conversations they have. But as Patler pointed out, starlets are rarely a good value. Hollywood is rife with narcissists and narcissists make for poor partners, to say the least.

Thanks for making me spit my coffee out laughing.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Is PackerRats social media?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Is PackerRats social media?
    Fuck yeah we are!!

If you google fuckdoggle we are the first link. If that doesn't cement our status I don't know what does!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Fuck yeah we are!!

If you google fuckdoggle we are the first link. If that doesn't cement our status I don't know what does!
    Great! I'm not as out of it as I thought.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

i don't know if I want to be part of any social media....