Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: No more excuses for Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    According to the magazines at the grocery store, Jen Aniston has been married 16 times and birthed 32 children over the past decade. And Angelina Jolie weighs 47 pounds.

That last one might be true.
    I admit the coverage of Aniston at the checkout lane has clearly had an affect. I am rooting for her to find happiness even though I don't know why she isn't happy in the first place.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Laugh at vegemite all you want, but look at the knife you get when you send a SASE with eight labels to the Vegemite Co. of Sydney Aus:

* Woman not included.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I have said for years that Rodgers is only great when ahead and most everything goes his way. People on here jumped all over me on that, but he is really starting to show his true colors this season. Then again, his head coach is doing him absolutely no favors.
    Kind of like how Brady looked like horseshit when Gronk was out last season. (Much worse than Aaron has looked so far in 2015, by the by.)

Turns out, ~~*THERE ARE NO 1-MAN TEAMS*~~

There never will be. Stop dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Cian Fiahey from Football Outsiders is making excuses for Rodgers:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fil...-davante-adams

I could isolate 10+ plays from the Lions game and show you Aaron making poor throws and poor decisions. Davante certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Especially when it comes to attacking the ball, and hanging on to it. I just hold Aaron more accountable than a 2nd year, 2nd round receiver who has been hurt most of the season. It's cool though he's got a boo boo now, so his excuse for any spotty play the rest of the season is fully secured.

So Davante wasn't helping and Rodgers had a particularly bad game with his accuracy. Exactly what are we arguing about here?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Kind of like how Brady looked like horseshit when Gronk was out last season. (Much worse than Aaron has looked so far in 2015, by the by.)

Turns out, ~~*THERE ARE NO 1-MAN TEAMS*~~

There never will be. Stop dreaming.
    Funny how that works. I guess Jordy is Green Bay's Gronk.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I don't think anyone quite compares to Gronk, but there's a parallel there, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The JSO poster's point about Rodgers being different after dating Munn may have merit:

(Embarrassing anecdotes omitted. I thought by now people would have forgotten!!)

The people we spend our time with shapes us. We don't exist in a vacuum, there is a complex interplay of personality and psyche. Spend time with shit heads, you're gonna be more of a shit head. Spend time with uplifting people, you're gonna be a better person. Spend time at Packerrats and you may attain enlightenment.

We obviously know little about her or their dynamic, the nature of their relationship what conversations they have. But as Patler pointed out, starlets are rarely a good value. Hollywood is rife with narcissists and narcissists make for poor partners, to say the least.
    Rodgers was asked about Munn in an interview last summer, and he talked about how much she had changed him, by giving him different perspectives, etc. So maybe the change hs been dramatic.

Now it he would just start dating a football coach, maybe they could get the offense fixed.

I don't think the girlfriend has anything to do with the offense. But when he was doing his show with Wilde, Rodgers did mention the effect Munn had had on him several times.

He said he became far less defensive and protective of his private lift for instance. Given that she is an actress and that its partially her job to remain visible, that is probably a prerequisite.

But he also claimed other changes like getting rid of people who brought negativity into his life. Here he was mostly speaking in the past tense, not something he was in the middle of doing. Being surrounded by people focused on the positive and making progress, etc. I have never met someone who claimed to be doing something similar who was having a good time of it.

But since he is not doing his radio show this year, maybe Wilde was the nattering nabob of negativism. Or perhaps they should just start doing the show again.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Laugh at vegemite all you want, but look at the knife you get when you send a SASE with eight labels to the Vegemite Co. of Sydney Aus:

* Woman not included.
    She looks awfully similar to my uncle's widow.... Fucking cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

* Woman not included.
    What's the point of having a 'big knife' if you don't have a woman to 'show it off' to?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Fucking cancer.
    Amen

Amen here, too.

Me, I say as far as this game and Rodgers, let's stop with all this shotgun crap and go back to him being under center or at least in the pistol.

And put it on the offensive line to run block, run block, run block. Force feed the run game, and if we get a couple three-and-outs to start, how is that any different than before? Keep at it. Get this offensive line back on track, and the rest will follow.

Now, Mike Holmgren would agree, except that his "run game" consisted of short passes over the middle.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i think the packers might just get into some trouble after coming out and saying a-rod has been injured, and a-rod saying he's been dealing with the injuries for a little bt now

nfl has strict rules about injury reporting, even hangnails has to be reported

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think the packers might just get into some trouble after coming out and saying a-rod has been injured, and a-rod saying he's been dealing with the injuries for a little bt now

nfl has strict rules about injury reporting, even hangnails has to be reported
    If Stafford and Manning didn't get dinged for injury report shenanigans, Packers won't either.

What happens if the player doesn't tell the team he's been injured? Ite impression that's what happened here.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Here's a novel idea: OL block like they were manly men, not the Elm Avenue Crochet Club.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Here's a novel idea: OL block like they were manly men, not the Elm Avenue Crochet Club.
    Well, now we know what you do with your Saturdays.

I will give Aaron credit. He was sharper and more decisive today,down the stretch especially. He still missed a few throws early but he made the plays he needed to make. The offense was still very disjointed all in all. But a solid defense and running attack makes his job much easier. Hopefully we get healthy down the stretch and make some noise.