Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Other Games Thread Week 11

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar

Official Other Games Thread Week 11

Watching the Jags vs Texans it still sticks in my craw that the Packers drafted Carl Bradford instead of Telvin Smith. TT missed one there.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Not to mention a Brettsky Fave in Allen Robinson.........MANY of us wanted Telvin though ........P.S....I think you meant Jags versus Titans
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Not to mention a Brettsky Fave in Allen Robinson.........MANY of us wanted Telvin though ........P.S....I think you meant Jags versus Titans
    LOL. Jags vs Titans. Too much wine.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

The QB talent was impressive. Give those two a year or two with good coaching and those teams will be formidable....unless the front office totally fucks it up.
    C.H.U.D.

Lions announced some very exciting news this week: they've hired their new team president.

He's the guy who runs the Ford estate. He has as much NFL experience as I do.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Bears just got gashed by Denver. 1st by Hillman turning the corner for 15 yds. Then by Thomas who was uncovered in the middle of the secondary for a TD.

Vernon Davis also with 4catches for 40 yds at half. So glad we didn't give up a 6th round pick to get him.

Sorry 2 6th round picks

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Lions announced some very exciting news this week: they've hired their new team president.

"You just don't know how good he's going to be"

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Vernon Davis also with 4catches for 40 yds at half. So glad we didn't give up a 6th round pick to get him.

Packer tight ends had 10 receptions for 90 yards and 2 touchdowns last week. I'm not sure the 2015 version of Vernon Davis would be an answer for what ails them.

Sorry 2 6th round picks
    It essentially ends up being a single one - one of the picks was 2017, and they got a 7th round pick back in 2016.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Forget Davis, apparently Pack needed Brock Osweiler.

Early in the Carolina/Washington game, I was going to name McCloughan as a serious candidate for Ted once he retires. Game has now turned to the Panthers, but the Redskins have some talent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Sorry 2 6th round picks
    Don't be sorry - either way it's not worth it. After all, he failed the trust fall at the combine, and Rodgers won't throw to people like that.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Early in the Carolina/Washington game, I was going to name McCloughan as a serious candidate for Ted once he retires.
    Not likely. Too much drama with his wife and ESPN for old, quaint GB, WI.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not likely. Too much drama with his wife and ESPN for old, quaint GB, WI.
    Probably, but he is still has a very serious nose for talent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Probably, but he is still has a very serious nose for talent.
    He sure does.

Lion's take the lead over the Raiders.....

Bears behind by one score....

I'm holding out for the Lion's Jim Bob Cooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

yes, but if you listen to the people on here, he HAS to know more then we do for an NFL team to hire them