Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week11 @ Vikings

More Banjo: Week11 @ Vikings

Will be much more fun than the last three, but still WAY too many injuries.

Offense is functional this week. Not fixed. But defense on a roll. Whatever Olivia did with Aaron this week, keep on trucking.

Last edited by pbmax; 11-22-2015 at 06:55 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Now we need to get by Detroit on a short week and get some injuries rested.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
    Eddie Lacy on what had been wrong with him, to Erin Andrews: "I wasn't right, like spiritually."

Rodgers also got a shot in on Erin Andrews, who knew it was coming, when she asked if they "finally" got into sync on offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    You mean the Bears?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
    Eddie Lacy on what had been wrong with him, to Erin Andrews: "I wasn't right, like spiritually."

Rodgers also got a shot in on Erin Andrews, who knew it was coming, when she asked if they "finally" got into sync on offense.
    I think Lacy was in sync. Rodgers didn't have a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think Lacy was in sync. Rodgers didn't have a good game.
    He and the O line were enough to get the offense back in a forward gear. Keep Rodgers healthy and his shoulder will heal.

You mean the Bears?
    Yeah. Whoever. Bring em on! LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

You mean the Bears?
    i keep thinking its the lions too

might have something to do with the ads on tv saying green bay is playing detroit on thursday

Will be much more fun than the last three, but still WAY too many injuries.

Offense is functional this week. Not fixed. But defense on a roll. Whatever Olivia did with Aaron this week, keep on trucking.

he didn't get shit fixed

we won, but i don't think 16-34 is gonna cut it for a-rod

he's still off

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    he didn't get shit fixed

we won, but i don't think 16-34 is gonna cut it for a-rod

he's still off
    He was hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Time to change the Depends undergarment.

If you can win when your QB is performing poorly, I like their chances as he gets healthier.

Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 39m39 minutes ago
    Rodgers: Eddie (Lacy) was really going today. Looked close to 100%. Running tough, breaking a lot of tackles. #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m37 minutes ago
    Rodgers: We took a few shots down the field. Had a few chances & missed a couple. We were aggressive today throwing the ball. #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36m36 minutes ago
    Rodgers: This was an important week for us. We really stuck together...Really proud of our effort. It was a great team win for us. #GBvsMIN

M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 54m54 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Our guys rose above the challenge that they needed to today. We played good football. #GBvsMIN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 52m52 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think Eddie Lacy played well. He's hitting his stride. Hopefully he can bounce back quickly for Thursday. #GBvsMIN

From JSO: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/352964131.html

Pressure on QB Teddy Bridgewater? “The most important thing was stopping Adrian.” Peterson is a great back; Bridgewater made some big plays. Getting sacks was important for Green Bay.

SO NO, NOT WORRIED ABOUT BRIDGEWATER

Gut check? “I don’t think it was a gut check at all. I’m very proud of the team that stayed the course. We’ve been open about it – this stretch of games was going to be the toughest stretch of our season, hopefully.” Preparation was reflected in outcome. This is a group that’s close. “They’re very accountable.”

The running game and the offense overall. “I think Aaron is doing a very good job managing the game.” The run game started with the offensive line. Starks and Lacy did well. “This is the way we prefer to play.” Gave us a chance for a run-pass balance. “We don’t want to be 66 runs or 66 passes. The way our offense performed today is what we’re looking for.”

Eddie Lacy: Played well. “He’s hitting his stride. He was unable to play last week because of the groin injury.” Hope he can bounce back quickly for game Thursday.

Jeff Janis and speed helped: “We’ve been a very successful team historically with the quick game. Running the football and getting the ball out quickly.” Minnesota will challenge you protection-wise with pressure package. Long shots is a reflection of the run game and Janis did some good things.

SO NO, IT WAS RUNNING NOT SPEED THAT HELPED THE OFFENSE

JC Tretter: “He did pretty good.” … That’s such a key position with the mechanics of the offense tied to the players who handle the ball every play.

McCarthy didn’t talk about the division race and playoff scenarios. “We’re 7-3. There’s a lot of football left.”

Complete game: “All three phases contributed but I’m not naïve to the fact that there’s things that we can do better.”

Also from JSO:

And Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said the Packers executed well today. Said they have the best kicker in the league. And praised his offensive line as well as his defensive line for the sacks.

RB attack: “Eddie or James – we’ve got two great backs.” Running tough. Eddie may not have had 22 carries in awhile. “It was good to get him going. He game us a lot tonight.”

Going for 2: Equates the two-point flip conversion to a play that he made when he was at Cal – against Utah. (Another look at his long-term memory – that game was awhile ago.)

Downfield: “We took a few shots down the field. We had a couple chances; missed a couple.” Janis on a route he hasn’t run all season, just missed him on that one. He ran it a little flat. Jones had a good second reaction play. “You’ve got to be aggressive; I think we were today throwing the ball.”

End three-game skid: “We’ve been taking it on the chin –rightfully so - the last three weeks. I had a couple real poor performances. This was an important week for us. We really stuck together.” Had good conversations about what it would take to get this win.

Passing game: “I felt good with a lot of the throws.” “I felt good about the flow on offense.” Good plan this week. Routes they hadn’t got to in awhile. Run game helps too. Rodgers wants to be above 50% completion percentage and he did miss a few, admittedly. “We’ve got to catch a little better.” The shoulder felt good, although the 30 degree temperatures didn’t help. Had to loosen up. Which shoulder is it again Aaron? “What does it say on the medical (report)?” Laughs. “Right shoulder. Yeah so let’s just leave it at that. But I won’t miss any time.”

On JC Tretter: He could start for a majority of teams, and he’s the backup. “Its tough to lose Corey (Linsley), he’s such a rock for us inside.” Tretter can do a lot for the team. “He really did a good job today.”

All fixed now? “We scored on seven possessions tonight. That’s a big improvement for us.”

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12m12 minutes ago
    Pretty emotional Datone Jones after game. Knows he made mistakes this offseason and rededicated himself. Wants to be remembered as good guy

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 16m16 minutes ago
    Today's #Packers captains photo. #GBvsMIN
    Chris Banjo, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews III and Brett A. Hundley Jr (and Tolzien must not be on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Time to change the Depends undergarment.
    Ran out. Had to got get some more. Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well, I was way off on what I thought this game was going to be. Offense was competent, and the defense was great.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!