Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week11 @ Vikings

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Loads of fun listening to the MN radio today. It's all about how the officials jobbed the Vikes. The PI on Newman wasn't PI, the Packers OL get away with holding all the time, Goodell was there to ensure the officials were on the Packers' side, blah blah blah. Heck, even the CBS TV sports anchor is joining in on it. It's the same shit after every game. You would think the fans would demand a better product from their team instead of the same, tired whining after every game vs the Packers that the officials job them every time. The NFL is against them. It's friggin' comical.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    We're definitely spoiled. But what the last few games show us is that an offense is much more than the sum of its parts. It takes only a little bit of shittiness to propagate through the whole rest of the team culminating in a full blown shit blizzard.

Just having Eddie Lacy working dragged the rest of the offense out of the cycle of mediocrity.
    shit blizzard=Shizzard - let's hope we don't have to use this again re: the Packers O.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

its the shit hawks we really have to watch out for

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its the shit hawks we really have to watch out for
    that's what? - a show about inside linebackers?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I thought the middle, even with Tretter getting pushed back, was cleaner this week. Tretter was doing a great job holding on and not getting called for it. That's a vet skill, give your QB a chance to see it and adjust.

Doug Dieken gave him his player of the game award.

So does Tretter qualify for the Barney Fuckdoggle?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Loads of fun listening to the MN radio today. It's all about how the officials jobbed the Vikes. The PI on Newman wasn't PI, the Packers OL get away with holding all the time, Goodell was there to ensure the officials were on the Packers' side, blah blah blah. Heck, even the CBS TV sports anchor is joining in on it. It's the same shit after every game. You would think the fans would demand a better product from their team instead of the same, tired whining after every game vs the Packers that the officials job them every time. The NFL is against them. It's friggin' comical.
    That's news to me
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would like to say, in a rude but not the most unkind way available, that Bob's article about the direction of both franchises Sunday under their respective head coaches and GMs was completely full of crap?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...352802231.html

The headline pays homage to the coach, but the article seeks to reaffirm the ship is off course narrative that started with the less than ideal draft of 2011. That is contrasted with the needle-threading genius of Spielman and Zimmer who rebuilt a fearsome defense in two years.

30-13 Bob. On the bloody road. Now you cannot simply retreat to pleading that this is as it should be with Rodgers at QB. Because you specifically claimed the defense wasn't up to the task after a few bad drafts AND the QB is undeniably hurt and restricted regardless of his achievements.

So I am now going to read your game story and I am certain you will not have reckoned with your poor critique.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...352952651.html

Bob was told by JSonline that he could either write sports click bait, or start writing about actors you never knew were black.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    That's news to me
    Oh yeah, I can't believe what I'm hearing and reading up here.

Oh yeah, I can't believe what I'm hearing and reading up here.
    Hook a brother up and feed us some choice quotes!

Carl Gerbschmidt is on right now and said "I bet Rodgers and Olivia had sex all night long last night". Just fantastic.

It's hard to believe how hot and cold the pass rush has been. Start off like gang busters, then go ice cold and barely even sniff the QB, and then turn in yesterday's performance. Datone Jones was playing like a man possessed yesterday. Hopefully this was a harbinger of things to come.
    Go PACK

Carl Gerbschmidt is on right now and said "I bet Rodgers and Olivia had sex all night long last night". Just fantastic.
    ???!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ackers-defense

Notes: Burnett essentially sealed the game when he forced Peterson into a fourth-quarter fumble at the Packers’ 22-yard line. The Vikings' tight ends accounted for 133 of Bridgewater’s 296 passing yards. Hyde left the game with a hip injury after he allowed the 47-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kyle Rudolph. Rollins replaced Hyde in the dime package, and Banjo played while Burnett left the game briefly with an ankle injury.
    So Rollins got nickel hybrid (S/CB) role on TE and Banjo played Burnett's safety spot. Makes sense since Hyde does much more coverage one on one.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Keep Rollins in at that spot. Let him learn on the job, and by the playoffs he'll be ready to go. Better than Hyde.

And maybe Rodgers and Munn had sex all night long the night before the game, and that's why the offensive line played better - he took some snap shots and promised he'd share them with the guys on the offensive line after the game - if they played better.

The hell with buying the offensive line Rolex watches.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Just so everyone knows, I have already trademarked More Rollins Band for the after game report in case Banjo gets the boot.

Why would he get the boot? Because of Quarless?

Na. Gotta keep Banjo for ST and his backup at safety.

Let's just put Hyde on injured reserve. Or cut Justin Perillo again.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Why would he get the boot? Because of Quarless?

Na. Gotta keep Banjo for ST and his backup at safety.

Let's just put Hyde on injured reserve. Or cut Justin Perillo again.
    Probably safer to cut Backman than Perillo at this point. They could likely get Backman to PS, unless he wants out of GB.
    Perillo might get interest from other teams because he has actual performance for them to see. Backman has nothing, not even STs.

If he stays, I say we nickname him "Wally."

KYPack

I was thinking there is always a small chance he dates a coach's daughter or punches someone on staff. You now, the usual stuff.