Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bear Week

Bear Week

First the bad news. Half the team is injured, the other half is not practicing.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The good news: Rodgers and Bach are not on the injury list. This despite the fact that I would bet a paycheck Rodgers actually is injured.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    With a game on Thursday, would they even do more than just walk throughs anyways?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is the Silver Tuna - the game that can get us even with Chicago all time. Get those guys all rested up and healthy to lay the lumber on Thursday night.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The good news: Rodgers and Bach are not on the injury list. This despite the fact that I would bet a paycheck Rodgers actually is injured.
    Which Rodgers?

Stolen from a friend of mine:

Thursday November 26, at Lambeau field..... come celebrate the 4 greatest quarterbacks in Packer history. Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Which Rodgers?
    Aaron.

M3 PC

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy said the biggest challenge of a short turnaround is the health of the team. Seven-day injuries compared to four-day injuries.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy hopeful for Linsley. Same for Hyde. "We'll see how he is in the morning."

McCarthy on Eddie Lacy: "I thought Eddie played well. More importantly I thought he was given more opportunities."

#Packers spent day game-planning for Bears. MM watched a little of the Vikings game. Thought Lacy was decisive, ran behind his pads.

McCarthy on JC Tretter: "JC did a good job. ... We didn't change anything, we didn't make any adjustments. We just went out and played."

MM says a one-two punch in backfield. No decision on who will start. Needs them both.

McCarthy on Datone Jones: "He's made splash plays. What held him back has been consistency. That's what he needs to continue to work on."

McCarthy doesn't have time for "big picture" meaning of Sunday's win. Time to move onto Bears.

MM sees "improvement" from Bears. That jumps out since Week 1. "Efficiency" up in all three phases. Playing better than stats.

McCarthy on Favre/Starr coming back: "Once-in-a-lifetime event." Need to stay focused on game but "obviously a special time" in GBP history.

https://t.co/IjdDHhwwvz

more screen passes!

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Stolen from a friend of mine:

Thursday November 26, at Lambeau field..... come celebrate the 4 greatest quarterbacks in Packer history. Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler.
    Thank you. Just dropped that one on a Bears fan buddy.

Cutler is playing at a high level. He is moving well in the pocket, avoiding pressure and finding his targets downfield. If not for a monumentally stupid fourth and goal try by Fox, Bears would have beaten Denver at home.

Their defense is horrible versus the run, but Gaston is a beast in the middle (LOL).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 33s33 seconds ago
    8 #Packers on injury report with ankle injuries. They finally solved the hamstring epidemic, so now we're on ankles.

So GPS doesn't track the opponent when they fall on your ankle apparently. Maybe in next year's update.

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 33s33 seconds ago
    8 #Packers on injury report with ankle injuries. They finally solved the hamstring epidemic, so now we're on ankles.

So GPS doesn't track the opponent when they fall on your ankle apparently. Maybe in next year's update.

ANKLE BITER!!!

Great line about the four greatest quarterbacks in Packer history...

So what's the report on the Bears here at midseason? Let's see...is Forte done for the year, then? And how is their defense now? They held Denver to 17 but wasn't that with Brock Osweiler or Brock Huard or somebody at the controls?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cutler is playing at a high level. He is moving well in the pocket, avoiding pressure and finding his targets downfield. If not for a monumentally stupid fourth and goal try by Fox, Bears would have beaten Denver at home.

Their defense is horrible versus the run, but Gaston is a beast in the middle (LOL).
    If there's any QB Dom Capers can consistently befuddle, it's Jay Cutler.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't think we'll smoke them like last year, but I think the Packers will win. Stop the run, get after the quarterback...heroes, baby!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    If there's any QB Dom Capers can consistently befuddle, it's Jay Cutler.
    I don't think Capers befuddles Cutler. I think Cuttler is in a more or less consistent state of befuddlement.

If the defense we saw in MN shows up Thursday night it could be a long evening for Cutlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't think Capers befuddles Cutler. I think Cuttler is in a more or less consistent state of befuddlement.
    His play against Denver was light years better than Rodgers's's.

This despite the fact that I would bet a paycheck Rodgers actually is injured.
    How much is your paycheck from Madtown?