Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bear Week

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is the Silver Tuna - the game that can get us even with Chicago all time. Get those guys all rested up and healthy to lay the lumber on Thursday night.
    I fucking hate football
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone want to bet that we see a Packers Sweep tonight in honor of Bart?

Or a slant in honor of Brett?
    I wanted to see a win in honor of Bart. The only thing that softens this loss is knowing that Bart doesn't know. Bart would have won this game.

BTW, it would have been awesome and classy had Favre said "You know, I had a lot of good years here and as much as I like to think I was a good quarterback, the greatest Packer QB of all time is here tonight and his name is Bart Starr. You just can't beat five championships!"

Oh well, maybe in the next life...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cutler is playing at a high level. He is moving well in the pocket, avoiding pressure and finding his targets downfield. If not for a monumentally stupid fourth and goal try by Fox, Bears would have beaten Denver at home..
    fuck

Cutler didn't play that great of a game. 19-31 for 200 yards and 1 TD. No turnovers was good. We should win any game we can hold a QB to these numbers.

Yeah. The defense has been playing up to its limited potential lately. They're not built to win games, just protect leads.

It's the offense that has gone limp.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Cutler didn't play that great of a game. 19-31 for 200 yards and 1 TD. No turnovers was good. We should win any game we can hold a QB to these numbers.
    Of course he didn't play that great of a game. But he totally outplayed Rodgers and did enough to win. Usually he's the one throwing the critical pick. Clean game for him and he wins. Fuck him for playing better than Rodgers and fuck Rodgers for not playing better and fuck the Packers for not running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Yeah. The defense has been playing up to its limited potential lately. They're not built to win games, just protect leads.

It's the offense that has gone limp.
    The Defense could have made a few more plays. But the offense has simply fallen down. Special teams put the D in a bind twice last night. Can't win at home giving up 2 out of three units unless the 3rd (Defense) is lights out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.