Thread: WR Routes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Was at the game last night; random thoughts

Adams needs to be a #3 WR; he runs average routes at best and his hands are erratic

Cobb is on and off with his routes; seems to turn his effort on and off as well

Janis and Jones routes are completed shit; Jones makes a rounded circle over a sharp cut. Janis just runs crappy routes and it's no wonder AROD doesn't trust the guy. I wouldn't either.

This team missed Abby and Montgomery; many dig on Abby but he's a very crisp, reliable, and solid route runner. He just can't stay healthy. Montgomery I thought was a pretty good route runner as well.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

This team missed Abby and Montgomery; many dig on Abby but he's a very crisp, reliable, and solid route runner. He just can't stay healthy. Montgomery I thought was a pretty good route runner as well.
    Nah. people were pretty amped about Abracadabra. You can tell he has skills. I was at the SD game when Monty got hurt. Somehow, that was the final straw for the offense. They've been in a funk ever since. I really think it's the overall skill level at depth. Adams, Cobb, Abra, Monty, and Jones/Janis is a pretty decent five man WR group (switch Jones and Janis out for possession/fly pattern). But they need all that depth because Adams and Cobb are not #1 receivers. Adams has a chance to be a #1 assuming he's still not 100% at the ankle and gets hand transplants.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck