Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
No. What I'm saying is the loss of Nelson, Montgomery, Adams (five games), Quarless, Lacy (for whatever reason for 8 games), even Abredaris, has hindered the offense and that it won't look like last years offense. This game was very winnable. We turned the ball over twice leading to 7 points and taking at least 3 away from us. We failed to score from the 8 in four tries at the end of the game. I'm a fan and I want them to be the same as last year, but they aren't. This team reminds me of the Schroeder years with Favre. We had so many injuries, we played a punt returner as a starting receiver and never got any YAC. I believe we still won 10 games, but every one was a struggle. Other parts of the team will have to pick up the offense for us to win and we probably won't have many blowout victories.
I hear what you're saying, and I understand injuries. However, what you're saying assumes that the offense would be fixed if the people we lost to injuries come back. I would agree with that in the case of Nelson, but that's as far as it goes. Adams is back. Quarless coming back won't be the answer to anything. Montgomery and Abby are basically rookies who, you said yourself, can't really be counted on to produce untilk they get more experience. Even Lacy coming back doesn't seem to be himself. So really to me it comes down to either lack of real talent or our offensive schemes being dependent on one man (Nelson), a mediocre TE (Quarless) and untested rooks (Monty and Abby).

That's not a lot to look forward to.