Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WR Routes

lol. That would be a question for local media.

The Denver radio guys ask stuff like that a lot of the Broncos coaches. It doesn't make the national stories but they have a ball with it on the drivetime show.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Robert Brooks was there at halftime. I remember how fast he ran those crossing routes. Quick in and out of breaks, up to full speed in a snap. I dunno what that crap is on the field. And Cobb to boot. Maybe the money was just too sweet.
    he sure as shit isn't playing like the #1b wr he's being paid to be

TT has fucked this thing up.
    C.H.U.D.

It's odd to me watching the replays of our pass plays. Most of the time it seems like all of our players running routes have zero expectation of getting the ball and make minimal effort to get space.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    It's odd to me watching the replays of our pass plays. Most of the time it seems like all of our players running routes have zero expectation of getting the ball and make minimal effort to get space.
    Or they're just slow.

I like Cobb but he sure looks overpaid.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I like Cobb but he sure looks overpaid.
    Looks like we are learning how important Nelson really is. Teams are game planning for Cobb and not really have to worry about the deep threat this year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    So can somebody riddle me this? 1st and goal at the 8, and their running game is doing relatively well, and their passing game is sucking donkey peepee, why didn't they at least try a draw? There appeared to be enough time for one such attempt?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    So can somebody riddle me this? 1st and goal at the 8, and their running game is doing relatively well, and their passing game is sucking donkey peepee, why didn't they at least try a draw? There appeared to be enough time for one such attempt?
    Packers really only like to run when they know they can't gain yards. Like third/fourth and short. It's a professional courtesy kind of deal.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Looks like we are learning how important Nelson really is. Teams are game planning for Cobb and not really have to worry about the deep threat this year.

True, but It's also about the depth. If they had abracadabra and monty out there the whole year, they be torching the other team's fourth and fifth dbs. Loss of the top tier Rodgers security blanket means they have to overwhelm with depth. The defense is the same way - notice how much better it's running with all the parts available. Packers have virtually no top tier talent. Maybe Rodgers and Matthews at this point, and I wouldn't even say that with the way they are both playing/being used. Need all hands on deck.

Nelson/security blanket also was a reliable go to hands guy. 2/17 jones/Adams have pretty much lost Rodger's confidence. So who the hell does he throw to now?

Comparing to NE, Brady never flinches when guys go down: why?

1) Coaching - the receivers don't know what the hell they are doing
    2) Rodgers - won't throw to anyone he doesn't 'trust'
    3) WRs - The play of some of these guys doesn't inspire trusts, so there you are.
    4) Video games - too many of them apparently, leading to (3) and making (1) less effective
    5) I hate football, why do I torture myself?
    6) All of the above
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Adams is playing himself into the second coming of Jarret Boykin.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Adams is playing himself into the second coming of Jarret Boykin.
    thats what i was thinking last night too

Longtime Denver media guy, solid local NFL writer:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago
    From my living room recliner last night Aaron Rodgers has 2 problems-1. Davante Adams 2. LBers can cover Randall Cobb #9news #9sports

Longtime Denver media guy, solid local NFL writer:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago
    From my living room recliner last night Aaron Rodgers has 2 problems-1. Davante Adams 2. LBers can cover Randall Cobb #9news #9sports
    I think this is a result of awful route running. If you're jogging to an 'open spot' any LB, even AJ Hawk, can probably defense you.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    True, but It's also about the depth. If they had abracadabra and monty out there the whole year, they be torching the other team's fourth and fifth dbs. Loss of the top tier Rodgers security blanket means they have to overwhelm with depth. The defense is the same way - notice how much better it's running with all the parts available. Packers have virtually no top tier talent. Maybe Rodgers and Matthews at this point, and I wouldn't even say that with the way they are both playing/being used. Need all hands on deck.

Nelson/security blanket also was a reliable go to hands guy. 2/17 jones/Adams have pretty much lost Rodger's confidence. So who the hell does he throw to now?

Comparing to NE, Brady never flinches when guys go down: why?

1) Coaching - the receivers don't know what the hell they are doing
    2) Rodgers - won't throw to anyone he doesn't 'trust'
    3) WRs - The play of some of these guys doesn't inspire trusts, so there you are.
    4) Video games - too many of them apparently, leading to (3) and making (1) less effective
    5) I hate football, why do I torture myself?
    6) All of the above
    Agree with #5. It's maddening to watch something you really have no control over.

I wonder if Belichick would cut guys for playing video games.

ok, maybe it is all adams fault

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...adams-problem/

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to Adams, he’s 15-for-35 for 129 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. That’s a completion percentage of 42.9 percent, an average of 3.7 yards per pOver the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to anyone other than Adams, he’s 58-for-103 for 618 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. That’s a completion percentage of 56.3 percent, an average of 6.0 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 90.2.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Saw that too. I'm mystified as to why they don't bench him at this point.

I mean, Lacy gets benched for a fumble but at least 90% of his touches were productive.

Saw that too. I'm mystified as to why they don't bench him at this point.
    Because Janis isn't 'trustworthy'

I mean, Lacy gets benched for a fumble but at least 90% of his touches were productive.
    Give him the goddamn ball fuckers!