Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What a fucking disgrace

What a fucking disgrace

Losing to the Bears on a night like this with first place at stake? With Brett & Bart in the house? On a national stage?

Two words:

Fuck you.

Please feel free to unleash your venom here because these sad sacks deserve it.

Should I send in for playoff tickets?

Fire McCarthy. Fuck him.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Losing to the Bears on a night like this with first place at stake? With Brett & Bart in the house? On a national stage?

Two words:

Fuck you.

Please feel free to unleash your venom here because these sad sacks deserve it.
    When I saw the blowing rain, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is payback for 1993 I tells ya.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Should I send in for playoff tickets?
    I'm not. Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    When I saw the blowing rain, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is payback for 1993 I tells ya.
    Yep....thought the same thing.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    My son texted me after game and he probably said it best, "this is a garbage team".

It is a garbage offense, and that is surprising. McCarthy has had a lot of success on that side of the ball but he has failed this year.

Nelson covered up a lot of flaws.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It is a garbage offense, and that is surprising. McCarthy has had a lot of success on that side of the ball but he has failed this year.

Nelson would sure help.

M3 did a lot of tinkering in an effort to help the whole team improve but maybe the new structure is backfiring.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Nelson would sure help.

M3 did a lot of tinkering in an effort to help the whole team improve but maybe the new structure is backfiring.
    Too much tinkering, perhaps, but I'd settle for players doing their job. I think we did rely on Nelson a lot to keep the passing game opened up downfield. With nobody even close to being the replacement for his skill set, the Packers are looking all too familiar to teams defending them, and the WR's are not defeating man coverage. Jordy can defeat man coverage on most plays, which means that defenses are going to send help to cover him, which means it was easier for others to get open.

Adams getting hurt did not help in his development. He looks to have regressed; perhaps a sophomore slump. Abby is hurt all the time, Montgomery getting hurt takes away a promising young weapon, Jones has lost a step, and Cobb has had issues getting open, which is surprising. I figured if there was one guy who could consistently get open in this receiving corps it would be him.

Jordy has been hurt all season. The Packers were 6-0 without him. What have defenses figured out and shut down that Packers were able to do earlier in the season? It's surprising to go from being 6-0 to having a 1-4 November. Part of me wishes the season was just over, because it seems inevitable that the same stuff could just rear it's head in any possible playoff game. So there it would be in big red letters. The Packers have to figure out how to generate production in the passing game without Nelson. Yes, he will be coming back next year, but they need someone else to either develop and produce in games or they need to go after a stud receiver in the draft. I'd settle for the guy who can get open vs. a guy who just looked the part.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I doubt this offense would look all that much better with Nelson. Defenses know what is coming, and having Nelson isn't going to change that. When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up.

Look at New England and how much they've lost on offense this season...yet Brady doesn't look like Rodgers at this point (although he may Sunday Night in Denver) because Belichick and his staff is far better at making adjustments and tailoring the offense EACH WEEK to take advantage of specific matchups.

The Packer coaching staff has not been adequate at keeping the team from getting overconfident after a 6-0 start. McCarthy deserves the lion share of blame here, and he needs to step in and take full responsibility of the offense at this point if he hopes for anything to come from this season. That won't happen, because McCarthy is too much of a loyal pussy to actually embarrass his OC over his inefficiency.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    and Cobb has had issues getting open, which is surprising. I figured if there was one guy who could consistently get open in this receiving corps it would be him.
    Goes back to the coaching staff.

I can damn well guarantee you that Cobb would catch 150 balls in New England. Our scheme is not designed to take advantage of Cobb's abilities whatsoever...we can't even run pick plays properly without drawing a flag.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I doubt this offense would look all that much better with Nelson. Defenses know what is coming, and having Nelson isn't going to change that. When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up.

Look at New England and how much they've lost on offense this season...yet Brady doesn't look like Rodgers at this point (although he may Sunday Night in Denver) because Belichick and his staff is far better at making adjustments and tailoring the offense EACH WEEK to take advantage of specific matchups.

The Packer coaching staff has not been adequate at keeping the team from getting overconfident after a 6-0 start. McCarthy deserves the lion share of blame here, and he needs to step in and take full responsibility of the offense at this point if he hopes for anything to come from this season. That won't happen, because McCarthy is too much of a loyal pussy to actually embarrass his OC over his inefficiency.
    Correct.

Tracy Porter interview after the game -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ax7QKiS7Gw

Every team, not just the Bears, know what to expect from the Packers offense.
    The coaching staff is not making any adjustments. McCarthy thinks he is the "smartest guy in the room" but he's not .... Up until this year, Rodgers' play covered up for a lot the Packers flaws.

He could carry the team, not so this year.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers could have pounded it down Chicago's throat with the run game, like Mr. Blonde pounding Rodgers in the ass, but they chose to get cute with their passing game and fucked it up. There goes tying up the all time series. Fuckers. I hope they all die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Too much tinkering, perhaps, but I'd settle for players doing their job. I think we did rely on Nelson a lot to keep the passing game opened up downfield. With nobody even close to being the replacement for his skill set, the Packers are looking all too familiar to teams defending them, and the WR's are not defeating man coverage. Jordy can defeat man coverage on most plays, which means that defenses are going to send help to cover him, which means it was easier for others to get open.

Adams getting hurt did not help in his development. He looks to have regressed; perhaps a sophomore slump. Abby is hurt all the time, Montgomery getting hurt takes away a promising young weapon, Jones has lost a step, and Cobb has had issues getting open, which is surprising. I figured if there was one guy who could consistently get open in this receiving corps it would be him.

Jordy has been hurt all season. The Packers were 6-0 without him. What have defenses figured out and shut down that Packers were able to do earlier in the season? It's surprising to go from being 6-0 to having a 1-4 November. Part of me wishes the season was just over, because it seems inevitable that the same stuff could just rear it's head in any possible playoff game. So there it would be in big red letters. The Packers have to figure out how to generate production in the passing game without Nelson. Yes, he will be coming back next year, but they need someone else to either develop and produce in games or they need to go after a stud receiver in the draft. I'd settle for the guy who can get open vs. a guy who just looked the part.
    All good points and they are suffering at WR right now. Could be that Abby and Monty come back and they make enough of a difference.

The tinkering might have put M3 far enough out of reach of his players to where the "doing their job" part was affected. Maybe he didn't know about the video game problem until just recently. He might have had more of a firm hand in the player preparation in previous years and maybe his distance from the offense is just enough to let that wane and lapse into LAN parties.

Fuck the coaches for calling stupid shit.

Fuck the players for not executing.

Lions, Panthers and Bears games all eminently winnable.

This team could and should be 10-1. But they are undisciplined and mentally weak.

Fuck them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    It all comes down to drops.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Nelson would sure help.

maybe he should have just hired a defensive coordinator and special teams coach that didn't need babysitting in the first place

This team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post

Stubbornness kills teams.

That's why Belichick stands above everyone else. The Pats schemes change weekly. It seems like every other team just keeps pounding that circle into the square.