Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What a fucking disgrace

It seems to me arod is looking for guys to break open late on double and third moves, rather then hitting players on first breaks and these guys just aren't doing it....I have no idea how you can't get guys open when you are gashing them in the run game, but that just tells me these guys are not good. Jones looks like it hurts to run (he is basically done), Adams looks like he is lost (how bad can 1 guy be), Cobb looks like a selfish pussy (unwilling to lay it on the line) all our te's are shit...I though RR was going to step it up, but not even close. Rodgers is missing guys deep and throwing balls that give guys no chance of making a play....which tells me he doesn't trust any of them....in the end arod needs to man up and make these slugs better and just quit throwing to Adams....fuck Adams...

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    For years -- going back to the Greg Jennings days -- Arod has benefitted from having the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL, especially true when Finley was productive. As a result, Arod earned a reputation as being super accurate and super productive, setting records for TD to INT ratio.

Now the Packers' receiving corps has come back down to earth, especially with Jordy injured and our TE prospects turning into busts. Suddenly, Arod is in the position of learning what's it's like to be on a team with below avg. receiving talent. His part in the solution -- if there is a solution -- is to stop searching for perfection. Take chances. Don't hold on to the ball. Launch it.

Arod, the fact of the matter is you're not going to see a ton of separation with these guys you got now. Stubby, accept the situation as it is and adjust to it...somehow. I'm no expert, but even a amateur fan can see the handwriting on the wall with this team.

Fixing details ain't going to cut it anymore. We're way beyond that now.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I doubt this offense would look all that much better with Nelson. Defenses know what is coming, and having Nelson isn't going to change that. When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up.

Look at New England and how much they've lost on offense this season...yet Brady doesn't look like Rodgers at this point (although he may Sunday Night in Denver) because Belichick and his staff is far better at making adjustments and tailoring the offense EACH WEEK to take advantage of specific matchups.

The Packer coaching staff has not been adequate at keeping the team from getting overconfident after a 6-0 start. McCarthy deserves the lion share of blame here, and he needs to step in and take full responsibility of the offense at this point if he hopes for anything to come from this season. That won't happen, because McCarthy is too much of a loyal pussy to actually embarrass his OC over his inefficiency.
    Nelson immediately takes the top CB off of Cobb and makes a safety stay deep. But beyond those schematics or tactics, he simply would eliminate the need for 4 short passes by catching a 40 yarder at least once a game. Its probably not too far fetched to say Nelson adds one more threatened score every game.

But as you point out, teams with lesser receivers make their offense work. It should not be this tough to be competent.

Monty would help with all the man coverage because he is exactly like a NE slot receiver.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-27-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I read an article years ago talking about the importance of a wr that lines up on the line and had the ability to get off the line easily (x, y, z, or something). Before Nelson broke out, this article said Nelson was the guy on the team that would do that. Without him, they need Adams to do it. He isn't. Cobb can't. And this offense isn't built on featuring a slot receiver.

Before, I said it was Lacy underperforming. He stepped up and the offense wasn't a disaster for one game.

The Packers have one WR worth a darn right now. Jones is opportunistic but too slow, Adams isn't ready for prime time, but he's all that's left after Cobb.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

"When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up."

Why would that tell you that the scheme itself is the problem? Seems like a player not able to win an individual match-up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    "When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up."

Why would that tell you that the scheme itself is the problem? Seems like a player not able to win an individual match-up to me.
    We discussed on here that Driver's time was done when teams used a linebacker on him with success. If teams really are doing that with Cobb, paying him what they did was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    We discussed on here that Driver's time was done when teams used a linebacker on him with success. If teams really are doing that with Cobb, paying him what they did was a huge mistake.
    Totally agree. Unrelated to the quote I posted, I think Cobb is very overrated. He is a great slot receiver but he is also very, very small. There are lots of guys like him in the college ranks.

It comes down to these things. Stubby is not a great coach, really just average. Rodgers doesn't walk on water like many thought. In fact when the going gets tough, he's below average. TT is not the "boy wonder" most believe he is. If he were, he would kick stubby's ass. He also would have had a decent TE on this team. A good TE could solve a lot of these offensive woes, then again so could running the shit out of the football. But stubby refuses to do that, if he can't win his way, screw winning.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It comes down to these things. Stubby is not a great coach, really just average. Rodgers doesn't walk on water like many thought. In fact when the going gets tough, he's below average. TT is not the "boy wonder" most believe he is. If he were, he would kick stubby's ass. He also would have had a decent TE on this team. A good TE could solve a lot of these offensive woes, then again so could running the shit out of the football. But stubby refuses to do that, if he can't win his way, screw winning.
    Blah, blah, blah. You are very boring.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Watch some of the patterns being run. I could cover Cobb on some of these. Also, how often do you actually see a LB covering Cobb. I don't really know what the logic is behind the jogging routes, but I'm not finding anyone dissecting it in a rational way as of yet. Cobb is limited in some ways, but his being locked down/ineffective is more than him just losing it from one season to the next you would think.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Watch some of the patterns being run. I could cover Cobb on some of these. Also, how often do you actually see a LB covering Cobb. I don't really know what the logic is behind the jogging routes, but I'm not finding anyone dissecting it in a rational way as of yet. Cobb is limited in some ways, but his being locked down/ineffective is more than him just losing it from one season to the next you would think.
    Well that was insightful and exciting as watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya, that's why I wrote what I did. Can't believe teams really are neutralizing Cobb with a LB.

Ya, that's why I wrote what I did. Can't believe teams really are neutralizing Cobb with a LB.
    He and Jones are running a lot of routes where they end it quickly, like they are not the primary target. If Rodgers keeps the ball or moves, they re-engage. I think its vets taking a play off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He and Jones are running a lot of routes where they end it quickly, like they are not the primary target. If Rodgers keeps the ball or moves, they re-engage. I think its vets taking a play off.
    The All-22 shows near constant bracket coverage on Cobb during this whole shit-spell the offense is in.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The All-22 shows near constant bracket coverage on Cobb during this whole shit-spell the offense is in.
    I believe it. His DB is usually in his shorts. But it would help if Cobb was better versus that kind of press coverage. Or if someone would make them pay for that attention to a slot receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Losing to the Bears on a night like this with first place at stake? With Brett & Bart in the house? On a national stage?

EXACTLY!
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......