Thread: What a fucking disgrace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I doubt this offense would look all that much better with Nelson. Defenses know what is coming, and having Nelson isn't going to change that. When Cobb can't get open against a LB, it tells me that the scheme itself is screwed up.

Look at New England and how much they've lost on offense this season...yet Brady doesn't look like Rodgers at this point (although he may Sunday Night in Denver) because Belichick and his staff is far better at making adjustments and tailoring the offense EACH WEEK to take advantage of specific matchups.

The Packer coaching staff has not been adequate at keeping the team from getting overconfident after a 6-0 start. McCarthy deserves the lion share of blame here, and he needs to step in and take full responsibility of the offense at this point if he hopes for anything to come from this season. That won't happen, because McCarthy is too much of a loyal pussy to actually embarrass his OC over his inefficiency.
    Nelson immediately takes the top CB off of Cobb and makes a safety stay deep. But beyond those schematics or tactics, he simply would eliminate the need for 4 short passes by catching a 40 yarder at least once a game. Its probably not too far fetched to say Nelson adds one more threatened score every game.

But as you point out, teams with lesser receivers make their offense work. It should not be this tough to be competent.

Monty would help with all the man coverage because he is exactly like a NE slot receiver.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-27-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.