Thread: More Banjo: Week12 vs Vikings

More Banjo: Week12 vs Vikings

Blehh. Who cares.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Damarious Randall and Bryan Bulaga will be evaluated on the field Sunday to see how they move.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    MM on Randall's knee. Doesn't think it's a long-term issue. Same deal with Bulaga's ankle.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Our passing game is not where it needs to be.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    "Too much is made of scheme," McCarthy says. Players have to win. Too much sloppy play. MM points to minus-2 in turnovers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 30m30 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Jeff Janis is improving. "But each receiver has a skill set that fits the offense (in a different way)."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 26m26 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the pick play called on James Jones was a poor call, a missed call. "Officials are looking for it. ... They're human too."

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 26m26 minutes ago
    McCarthy said OPI call on James Jones was "a poor call." ... "It wasn't a rub play. It was a drag- slant."

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 30m30 minutes ago
    McCarthy "We're not that far off. It's just attention to detail. Quit worrying too much about the plays. Just win the route."

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 31m31 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Hochuli essentially just read him the rule book -- word for word -- on why plays were blown dead.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 34m34 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he did not believe Damarious Randall or Bryan Bulaga had long-term injuries. Will see if they can practice Sunday.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 30m30 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Jeff Janis is improving. "But each receiver has a skill set that fits the offense (in a different way)."
    And Adams' and Jones' skill set is what...being unable to make a catch? Wish the reporter would've followed up with a respectable rebuke of Stubby's coach speak.

McCarthy "We're not that far off. It's just attention to detail. Quit worrying too much about the plays. Just win the route."
    Can't hope for much here if Cobb can't break away from a LB. McCarthy is blind and clueless at this point...he doesn't know what to do, and that indecision is starting to work its way down to the roster.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    what the fuck is wrong with you PBMax? You can't even get the thread title correct. I bet you were spending too much time with your fucking video games. Clean it up or Mr. Blonde is coming by to pound you in the ass.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with you PBMax?
    pbmax has had a number of senior moments lately.

Remember, pbmax, just walk towards the light. You'll understand when the time comes.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Dammit, Jones, get younger! And faster! Just beat your man downfield! And, Adams, get like Jordy, taller and faster! And, Janis, get more game experience! Cobb, do everything! Details! Details! What's the matter wit youse guys?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

MM on Randall's knee. Doesn't think it's a long-term issue. Same deal with Bulaga's ankle.
    Ankles. The new hamstring.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blehh. Who cares.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Damarious Randall and Bryan Bulaga will be evaluated on the field Sunday to see how they move.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Our passing game is not where it needs to be.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    "Too much is made of scheme," McCarthy says. Players have to win. Too much sloppy play. MM points to minus-2 in turnovers.
    soooo

don't blame me or the staff, blame the players

classy

Not the first time this year M3 has made those sorts of comments, though it is easy for him to defend those remarks when they've got fumbles, dropped balls, and incomplete routes.

We've also heard players blaming the scheme. There seems to be a weekly call out from an opposing player about how they knew what was coming. The Packers just don't have the talent to successfully run their go-to offense.

I hate this team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I am working on the road. Not getting officials calls or home field auto-suggestions.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 43m43 minutes ago
    Per @PFF, #Packers would-be pass-catchers dropped just one pass in first three games. Since then, they've dropped 23, the worst in the #NFL.

Something tells me that is not just the WR, but not a good sign regardless.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4h4 hours ago
    Aaron Rodgers became the fastest QB in NFL history to 250 #touchdown passes. Read: http://pckrs.com/672r

The Cobb catch called back on a OPI (Jones) and Adams slant that turned into a DPI were the same slant/drag route combo. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...356324151.html

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5h5 hours ago
    New from JS: Packers bar in Arizona damaged by 'suspicious' fire on game day http://ift.tt/1Pha1ob #Packers

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6h6 hours ago
    Two defenders who suffered injuries yesterday escaped major ailment: #Lions DB Glover Quin (ankle) and #Packers DB Damarious Randall (knee).

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 9h9 hours ago
    Time to trade Rodgers for Cutler. One of them is earning their contract.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-27-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Bob judges the defensive effort as less than average. Perhaps its constituent parts failed in that many ways, but does less than average describe a game where the D has no help and holds the Bears to 17 points?

I am not convinced. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...356554151.html

Bob judges the defensive effort as less than average. Perhaps its constituent parts failed in that many ways, but does less than average describe a game where the D has no help and holds the Bears to 17 points?

I am not convinced. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...356554151.html
    The Bears had 11 possessions, not including the last one of one kneel down play. In the 11 possessions, 8 ended in punts:

5 possessions were 3 and out.
    1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 12 yards
    1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 13 yards
    1 possession lasted 5 plays and netted 24 yards

The three scoring drives were:

TD after a 34 yard drive that took 9 plays following Lacy's fumble. They didn't yield easily, as evidenced by the Bears needing 9 plays to cover 34 yards. But the defense had the Bears in three 3rd downs, needing 4, 3 and 3 yards, but couldn't hold them. Three chances to hold the Bears to a field goal.

TD after a 58 yard drive that took 7 plays after the Bears returned a Packer kickoff to their own 42. Packer D showed little resistance in this drive, never getting to third down, and getting to 2nd down only twice.

FG after an 83 yard drive requiring 15 plays. The D gave up yards relatively easily, until the Bears had 1st and goal from the 4 yard line. Packer defense held at that point, limiting the Bears to a FG.

Not a dominating performance, but I can't criticize the defense too much.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The Bears had 11 possessions, not including the last one of one kneel down play. In the 11 possessions, 8 ended in punts:

5 possessions were 3 and out.
    1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 12 yards
    1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 13 yards
    1 possession lasted 5 plays and netted 24 yards

The three scoring drives were:

TD after a 34 yard drive that took 9 plays following Lacy's fumble. They didn't yield easily, as evidenced by the Bears needing 9 plays to cover 34 yards. But the defense had the Bears in three 3rd downs, needing 4, 3 and 3 yards, but couldn't hold them. Three chances to hold the Bears to a field goal.

TD after a 58 yard drive that took 7 plays after the Bears returned a Packer kickoff to their own 42. Packer D showed little resistance in this drive, never getting to third down, and getting to 2nd down only twice.

FG after an 83 yard drive requiring 15 plays. The D gave up yards relatively easily, until the Bears had 1st and goal from the 4 yard line. Packer defense held at that point, limiting the Bears to a FG.

Not a dominating performance, but I can't criticize the defense too much.
    I think it is an easy observation that the defense held their own and it was the offense that stunk up the joint. But now what does MM do about it. I don't hold much hope as I have always thought MM is vastly overrated.